Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax When Leaving the UK - HELP!

Tax When Leaving the UK - HELP!

Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Tax When Leaving the UK - HELP!

Hi everyone,
I wondered if any of those people out there who have emigrated to Aus could possibly take five minutes out to run through some basics with regards to tax when leaving? The questions I'm thinking of are:
Who do you contact?
What forms do you fill in?
Are there differences if you're leaving on a work visa, temp visa, permanent visa?
How does it affect your standing in the UK?
Anything else you can think of that's important!!!

I would really appreciate the help on this ASAP as I need it for a work related reason.
Thank you so much in advance!
Tracy
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:36 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax When Leaving the UK - HELP!

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hi everyone,
I wondered if any of those people out there who have emigrated to Aus could possibly take five minutes out to run through some basics with regards to tax when leaving? The questions I'm thinking of are:
Who do you contact?
What forms do you fill in?
Are there differences if you're leaving on a work visa, temp visa, permanent visa?
How does it affect your standing in the UK?
Anything else you can think of that's important!!!

I would really appreciate the help on this ASAP as I need it for a work related reason.
Thank you so much in advance!
Tracy
Try a search - there was a thread very recently that had lots of useful info in it. I won't try and remember it here because I'll only get it wrong
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Try a search - there was a thread very recently that had lots of useful info in it. I won't try and remember it here because I'll only get it wrong
Look for P85. Google it and download the form from the HMRC website. It's easy to fill in.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Look for P85. Google it and download the form from the HMRC website. It's easy to fill in.
This thread has a lot more useful info in it.