Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax UK and calling Single Parents

Tax UK and calling Single Parents

Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Tax UK and calling Single Parents

Hello

New here but been lurking for a while.

I'm a single dual nationality Australian/british Mum with 2 kids living in the UK and seriously thinking about going back. I have family and friends out there but still the whole move seems so daunting!

I'm wondering at the moment if i move in March will I get all my Tax back for this last financial year?

And secondly have any single parents done it? My parents live here in UK so I won't have their support or babysitting to fall back on.

Many thanks
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:29 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Re: Tax UK and calling Single Parents

Bumping this one up for you in case anyone missed it and can offer advice.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

suzy 1 will become famous soon enoughsuzy 1 will become famous soon enough

Hi im a single parent heading to perth dec'07 time, have some back up in the fact that my friend is coming out on a working holiday visa for a while. Bit nervous knowing i wont have any family there for support, but ive got to try, cant wait! Where will you be heading back to?
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

I still don't know hwere to go.. I was thinking of going back to NSW but am now thinking maybe gold/sunshine coast. It's a tough decision to make whilst in england - I'm just trying to concentrate on getting money together for now.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:17 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Hello

New here but been lurking for a while.

I'm a single dual nationality Australian/british Mum with 2 kids living in the UK and seriously thinking about going back. I have family and friends out there but still the whole move seems so daunting!

I'm wondering at the moment if i move in March will I get all my Tax back for this last financial year?

And secondly have any single parents done it? My parents live here in UK so I won't have their support or babysitting to fall back on.

Many thanks
Don't know if you have had the tax question answered but no is the answer if you have been on a cumulative Tax Band - March is the end of the tax year andif you earned up to then and paid tax as you earned - PAYE then there will be little or no tax to refund. Obviously this is subject to individual figures.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks sandra... I had figured that would be the case! Nevermind.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by homewardbound
I still don't know hwere to go.. I was thinking of going back to NSW but am now thinking maybe gold/sunshine coast. It's a tough decision to make whilst in england - I'm just trying to concentrate on getting money together for now.
If you are worried about having support when you get out there, I would go to where ever your family and friends are, or where you will get the most support.

One of the factors in us deciding on Sydney was the fact that we will have family there for support....and we're not even taking any kids.

Tax - Probably not unless you have earned less than the allowance....but I'm no expert
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

I know what you are saying but one relo hasnt even replied to my email, I wouldnt want to live where my other relo is.

I dont want to do what my parents did when they came back to uk 15 years ago expected a little bit of support from family and friends and not really getting any.

I'd rather start a fresh completely - of course i will go visit but i dont want to rely on them for any support - just setting myself up for a fall otherwise.