Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax returns and a 457 ?

Tax returns and a 457 ?

Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all
Default Tax returns and a 457 ?

Hi sorry to ask but over here in Aus do we have to do a tax return, we are on a 457 visa and arrived in oct 08 and my husband started work 3rd nov. Thanks Suzy
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax returns and a 457 ?

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi sorry to ask but over here in Aus do we have to do a tax return, we are on a 457 visa and arrived in oct 08 and my husband started work 3rd nov. Thanks Suzy
yes you will have to do a tax return. no need to worry just yet until the end of the tax year which is July time. your husband will get a P60 equivalent and then you either fill in the return which can be downloaded off the ATO website or you can fill the return in online. very simple.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tax returns and a 457 ?

If you get any LAFHA/LAHA (the one "perk" of being on the 457) you may find it worthwhile to get a tax accountant on board. I think we paid $120 the first year and then that was tax-deductible the following year.