Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

tax return from uk

tax return from uk

Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all
Default tax return from uk

hiya all, came back from oz in november fora few years and its come that time again where we need to do the tax return, now i didnt work in oz at all last year as i was busy having a baby! but hubby worked but (here comes the complicated bit), he still worked for his uk company but via the internet, we established while we were there that he would pay aussie tax, but he needs to do it from this end now, any suggestions or should we just ring the guy who did it last year, oh and do i need one even though i didnt earn anything, apart from centerlink we are 136 perm ressies, thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:31 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax return from uk

Originally Posted by lisaroo
hiya all, came back from oz in november fora few years and its come that time again where we need to do the tax return, now i didnt work in oz at all last year as i was busy having a baby! but hubby worked but (here comes the complicated bit), he still worked for his uk company but via the internet, we established while we were there that he would pay aussie tax, but he needs to do it from this end now, any suggestions or should we just ring the guy who did it last year, oh and do i need one even though i didnt earn anything, apart from centerlink we are 136 perm ressies, thanks
You can do it online: www.ato.gov.au and follow the links. Or you can ring the guy who did it last year. Up to you. For yourself: if you follow the link on the ATO website, there is a "short" form of the tax return that you would do.

Gina