Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax refund from UK?

Tax refund from UK?

Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:03 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Tax refund from UK?

Does anyone know roughly how long it's likely to be before i see any money?

I sent it off a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet, which isn't surprising since it takes a week to get there and a week to get a reply! But just wondered are we looking at weeks, or months?

Kareena
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tax refund from UK?

Originally Posted by kar-kier

I sent it off a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet, which isn't surprising since it takes a week to get there and a week to get a reply! But just wondered are we looking at weeks, or months?

Kareena
Mine took about a month and a half- they didn't notify me, just put the money in my account in the UK.

My husband sent his p85 off in the same envelope as mine, but they still haven't managed to process his 6 months on due a litany of errors and losses on their part.

So who knows?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

Mine took Nearly 8 months.
Same problem as above, lost forms, sent to the wrong office etc etc

My wifes took about 8 weeks

Stu
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Kareena
Recently got mine, took just over a month they sent me notification and then it was paid in the account
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

I got mine after about 6 weeks. My husband is still waiting, tax office say that they put it in our account but not received by us, 2 phone calls and 2 letters later we are still trying to sort.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

leave_n_on_a_Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

Kareena
filed mine on the tax mans website, got the refund about 2-3 days later straight into my uk bank account.

James
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:28 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leave_n_on_a_Jet
filed mine on the tax mans website, got the refund about 2-3 days later straight into my uk bank account.

James
How did you do it on the internet? You need to send off your P45!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on your bank as to how long it takes. They send it by cheque to the bank and Nationwide in particular take forever to pay it in - we ended up having the original cheque cancelled as Nationwide took 4 weeks to pay it in.

Mine took about 8 weeks to be cleared funds, OH's would have taken about 9 weeks.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

James
How?? I've searched and searched for a way to do this....
Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
How?? I've searched and searched for a way to do this....
I'll send you the link tomorrow Nic - its form P85 from the IRS website...need to go to bed now.......
Old Apr 11th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
I'll send you the link tomorrow Nic - its form P85 from the IRS website...need to go to bed now.......
Thanks hun - I've got the form, but there is no way to lodge it online. It has to be posted.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

leave_n_on_a_Jet is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you do it on the internet? You need to send off your P45!
Self employed, i own a business in the uk so just done my SA online.

James
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Self employed, i own a business in the uk so just done my SA online.

James
Sorry James, you confused me, I was talking about form 85 - the one where you tell the tax office you have left the country. It's total madness, you can't lodge it online.... it should be the very first thing they organised online as otherwise it will have to be posted from overseas....
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry James, you confused me, I was talking about form 85 - the one where you tell the tax office you have left the country. It's total madness, you can't lodge it online.... it should be the very first thing they organised online as otherwise it will have to be posted from overseas....
Sent ours a week before we left with the "date you left or intend to leave the UK" field filled in.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Sent ours a week before we left with the "date you left or intend to leave the UK" field filled in.
Thats all I did - sent it off as soon as I had the P45, which was a couple of weeks before I left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.