Tax Reform

Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tax Reform

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/2...522525966.html

I wonder if this really will be the end of the tax return and lower taxes or just the end of deductibles like computer equipment?
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Reform

Yes, I heard this onthe news this morning - sounded glorious to start off with - proposed abolishment of tax return for some...but then came the follow up that work-related deductions would also be abolished!!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 8:31 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax Reform

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Yes, I heard this onthe news this morning - sounded glorious to start off with - proposed abolishment of tax return for some...but then came the follow up that work-related deductions would also be abolished!!
I saved myself $1200 with those. That means a big drop in taxes for it to be acceptable. I see the point as work related deductions should be paid for by work. That is the way it works in the UK and tax is much lower there.