Tax rebate

Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Tax rebate

Can anyone tell me how this works when you're leaving the Uk?
Am employed by a company so have been paying tax as i should.If i were to leave the Uk in end of Sept would i get a % of tax paid since April,all of it or does it go back further?
Any ideas, its too confusing?
Thanks Sunbound
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

welovebonds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax rebate

If you check out:

www.hmrc.gov.uk

Search for form P85, or paste in the below which should take you directly to the P85 form section.

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/h...jsp?formId=766

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I have just been looking into this for myself. Basically you have to request a form from the Inland Revenue (sorry don't know the name of it) and then send it off with your P45 and a letter of explanation. Try giving them a call, they were pretty helpful when I spoke to them today! The guy told me I'm owed around £350 which isn't bad!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Yes have already filled in the form but wont have my P45 till after i've left.
Was just wondering how its worked out to see if its worth bothering with?
Maybe i'll call them.
Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 6:29 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Yes have already filled in the form but wont have my P45 till after i've left.
Was just wondering how its worked out to see if its worth bothering with?
Maybe i'll call them.
Thanks
Definitely worth bothering with! We left in November last year and got back £2,500.

Gina