Tax Rebate

Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:23 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Question Tax Rebate

Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you can help.
We applied for a tax rebate on PAYE system, we are sure we are due quite a bit back from the Inland Revenue, we sent it in over three weeks ago and we are leaving for Oz in four weeks time.
We were wondering whether they will have it sorted before we go?
Anyone else experiencing this problem, as yet, we haven't informed them we are emigrating in case they dragged it out further.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Debbie
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:53 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Tax Rebate

Originally Posted by deba34
Hi guys,

We applied for a tax rebate on PAYE system, we are sure we are due quite a bit back from the Inland Revenue, we sent it in over three weeks ago and we are leaving for Oz in four weeks time.
Anyone else experiencing this problem, as yet, we haven't informed them we are emigrating in case they dragged it out further.

Debbie
Just bumping this back to the top Debbie as Im curious about tax issues also,so hopefully someone will answer soon
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:05 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Debbie,

I'm sure that people who have got theiur rebate will let you know how long it will take.

I'm sticking clear of financial questions

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:12 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Debbie,

I'm sure that people who have got theiur rebate will let you know how long it will take.

I'm sticking clear of financial questions

Bye
Mark

Thanks anyway guys....
Old Mar 11th 2005, 6:24 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks anyway guys....
I am still waiting for mine but to be fair I didn't exactly rush the from back, however my sister did hers before she even left the UK and was told by the inland revenue that she would have to wait until April to get money back.

Cheers
Kala
Old Mar 11th 2005, 7:41 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Took me about four months; they claimed they had not received the original forms so I sent copies - then the rebate went through in a matter of days so I am sure they HAD the originals and were working on them!

My pension fund actually refunded the whole of the UK tax I had paid during this tax year - nice but I am sure I will have to repay that portion which applied while I was still in the UK....
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:52 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I am still waiting for mine but to be fair I didn't exactly rush the from back, however my sister did hers before she even left the UK and was told by the inland revenue that she would have to wait until April to get money back.

Cheers
Kala

Thanks Kala,

We phoned them today and they said they were still looking into it..
As its April soon, hopefully they will sort it out..( I wait with baited breath)..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:57 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Took me about four months; they claimed they had not received the original forms so I sent copies - then the rebate went through in a matter of days so I am sure they HAD the originals and were working on them!

My pension fund actually refunded the whole of the UK tax I had paid during this tax year - nice but I am sure I will have to repay that portion which applied while I was still in the UK....

Thanks for the reply Rog..

4 months..
Just goes to show you have to keep pestering them to do something!

What amazes me though, if we owed them £5, they would demand it straight away..
Hopefully you won't have to pay that portion back eh? Heres hoping they will encounter computer problems..
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kala,

We phoned them today and they said they were still looking into it..
As its April soon, hopefully they will sort it out..( I wait with baited breath)..
Hi Debs,

Don't hold your breath. This was my situation.

Sent my claim in to my tax office at Plymouth at the end of last year.
Got a letter from N.ireland this week asking for the answers to 9 questions.
I phoned and they could not find a copy of what had been sent to me.
I had to read out the questions and give the answers over the phone while they typed it all up.
The guy was very apologetic and if the truth was known, embarassed.
The real irony is that 8 of the questions are on the original claim form !

Still heard nothing.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

pete hoy is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Debbie
For anyone who is self employed and issued with CIS 4 tax stubs , my accountant has contacted IR and they will not issue tax rebates until the end of the current tax year. Just hope my accountant does,nt use it on a far away break :scared:
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:13 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Debs,

I had to read out the questions and give the answers over the phone while they typed it all up.

Still heard nothing.
this may sound a really daft question Bix...but how are they going to pay it to you once they have worked it out...do you know...have you still a bank account over here ( I am considering leaving my main account open but not sure if I need to/its worth it) for just this type of thing...
Old Mar 11th 2005, 9:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peppi,

On the application form you can stipulate where the money is to be paid.
It can be to anybody- any account within the UK.
I have kept my UK bank account open so it will be paid into there.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 7:23 am
Moomin member

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Peppi,

On the application form you can stipulate where the money is to be paid.
It can be to anybody- any account within the UK.
I have kept my UK bank account open so it will be paid into there.

I do need to leave the account open then...cheers bud..
Old Mar 12th 2005, 2:35 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Just so you get an idea - I applied for my tax rebate on 8th December 2004, got the money on 11th February '05, so it took around 2 months.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 5:48 pm
Deb

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Debs,

Still heard nothing.

Thanks Bix..

Nothing suprises me anymore when dealing with the Inland Revenue...
They hound us if we owe them anything..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.