Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax rates question please

Tax rates question please

Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:50 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Question Tax rates question please

Hi. Just wondering what the tax thresholds are in Aus, and what rate of income tax is payable on earnings, and at what wage does it become a higher rate etc.

Cheers if you know
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:51 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tax rates question please

Originally Posted by sandradee
Hi. Just wondering what the tax thresholds are in Aus, and what rate of income tax is payable on earnings, and at what wage does it become a higher rate etc.

Cheers if you know
I think these are the current rates, but I could be wrong;

Tax rates 2006-07
Taxable income
Tax on this income

$0 – $6,000
Nil

$6,001 – $25,000
15c for each $1 over $6,000

$25,001 – $75,000
$2,850 plus 30c for each $1 over $25,000

$75,001 – $150,000
$17,850 plus 40c for each $1 over $75,000

Over $150,000
$47,850 plus 45c for each $1 over $150,000
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers if you know
have a look at the tax office website www.ato.gov.au -lots of useful stuff, income/tax calculators etc etc
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:01 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

This has aroused my curiosity now!..So are you better off earning upto 75k and not a cent more..........or are you getting clobbered more by earning over 75k. (not that this is smoething I need to worry about ) Tax table is here; http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/12333.htm
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
This has aroused my curiosity now!..So are you better off earning upto 75k and not a cent more..........or are you getting clobbered more by earning over 75k. (not that this is smoething I need to worry about ) Tax table is here; http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/12333.htm
there is a calculator on that page; putting in an annual salary of $75k you pay $19800 in tax, a salary of $100K means you pay $30550 tax i.e. on the extra $25k earned tax of $10750 is payable (these figures ignore medicare levy, tax offsets etc)
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers if you know
They are

up to $6000 nil

6001-21600 15c in the dollar

216001-63000 30c in the dollar

63001 - 95000 42c in the dollar

over 95000 47c in the dollar
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand8002
They are

up to $6000 nil

6001-21600 15c in the dollar

216001-63000 30c in the dollar

63001 - 95000 42c in the dollar

over 95000 47c in the dollar
They look like last year's rates. The ones posted by CF above are the ones for this year.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:23 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Only the extra $s over $75k will get clobbered more. It's the same system as the UK.