Wikiposts

A Tax Question

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Tax Question

Originally Posted by kerrieee
Wondering if any one could please advise on this issue.
Whilst speaking to a work Colleague yesterday ,she stated that in Australia the tax is at 40% (she lived in Perth for a year.)
Is this true?
We are just about to go into pay negotiation and need to know so we can get a good deal....................
thanks Kerrieee
I wouldn't think that asking for a higher salary because you will have to pay a lot of tax is a good negotiaitng position.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

scotland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Tax Question

Originally Posted by NedKelly
I wouldn't think that asking for a higher salary because you will have to pay a lot of tax is a good negotiaitng position.
Yes company car and other incentives are the way to go. ?? Travelling allowance,Extra paid Hols, Extra Superannuation.