Tax Incentives

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:22 am
Just Joined

JugheadJones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Incentives

Hello people,

I'm an internet forum virgin so please be gentle with me!
My name is Jamie, my wife's name is Sarah and we have 3 year old twin boys, Max and Harry.

I have just been offered a job in Sydney and am currently in about a million minds about whether to go. We have all the usual apprehensions (missing family and friends) versus all the positives (beautiful city, interesting people and a great adventure). I think the adventure is too tempting to turn down but there are still loads of questions flying round my head like what's a good salary, where to live with family etc. I guess these are fairly subjective topics and everyone has there own differing opinion and standards of living. These questions I'm sure have already been answered to death so I'll search the forum and see what I come up with (and then probably ask the question anyway!)

What I would like help with though is tax incentives. I am going on a sponsored 457 and have been told that I'm eligible for some juicy tax breaks. Apparently one is a 'family living away from home (?)' allowance and also tax help with rent. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for listening and any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back in the near future with lots of the usual relocating questions!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:24 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Incentives

Welcome
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:20 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

This might be of interest:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=61

Also:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=335

Best regards.

Originally Posted by JugheadJones
Hello people,

My name is Jamie, my wife's name is Sarah and we have 3 year old twin boys, Max and Harry.

I have just been offered a job in Sydney and am currently in about a million minds about whether to go. We have all the usual apprehensions (missing family and friends) versus all the positives (beautiful city, interesting people and a great adventure). I think the adventure is too tempting to turn down but there are still loads of questions flying round my head like what's a good salary, where to live with family etc. I guess these are fairly subjective topics and everyone has there own differing opinion and standards of living. These questions I'm sure have already been answered to death so I'll search the forum and see what I come up with (and then probably ask the question anyway!)

What I would like help with though is tax incentives. I am going on a sponsored 457 and have been told that I'm eligible for some juicy tax breaks. Apparently one is a 'family living away from home (?)' allowance and also tax help with rent. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for listening and any help and advice is greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'll be back in the near future with lots of the usual relocating questions!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to te forum, hope you find the answers you are looking for
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JugheadJones
Hello people,

Welcome,

Honestly despite my moaning elsewhere on this site. You should really take advantage if the offer is there. 457s make thing quite easy to start with. You may find it's not for you in Australia, but you will kick yourself if you don't take advantage.

Your kids will proabably love it too, it's a big adventure. And you only live once.