Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax implcations in Australia & working...

Tax implcations in Australia & working...

Old May 1st 2009, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tax implications in Australia & working...

Chaps

Quick question for those who know, and I appreciate it is hard to determine but...

if you had a choice, which would you do.

A company based overseas is going to employ me here in Australia. It would be a one man band to start out.

If I was given the choice to either have them handle all payroll and everything, so I would just receive a payslip at the end of the month, VERSUS

me setting up the company over here and just invoicing them each month, is there any obvious advantage to either of them from a tax (or anything else) perspective?

Thanks

Last edited by slipshot; May 1st 2009 at 5:24 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Tax implications in Australia & working...

Originally Posted by slipshot
Chaps

Quick question for those who know, and I appreciate it is hard to determine but...

if you had a choice, which would you do.

A company based overseas is going to employ me here in Australia. It would be a one man band to start out.

If I was given the choice to either have them handle all payroll and everything, so I would just receive a payslip at the end of the month, VERSUS

me setting up the company over here and just invoicing them each month, is there any obvious advantage to either of them from a tax (or anything else) perspective?

Thanks
Lots of tax advantages in being self employed here, maybe not setting up a Limited company, as that can have losts of costs involved, but working as self employed, and invoicing the UK (or other country), can be worthwhile for tax.

But, do you want it easy... wage and payslip
or more complex, but better financially

Old May 3rd 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tax implications in Australia & working...

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Lots of tax advantages in being self employed here, maybe not setting up a Limited company, as that can have losts of costs involved, but working as self employed, and invoicing the UK (or other country), can be worthwhile for tax.

But, do you want it easy... wage and payslip
or more complex, but better financially
Thanks fella...