Tax file number

Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Tax file number

Hi,
Just arrived in Sydney (greatly impressed) under PR last week and things are moving fast here.
I applied for medicare, got bank account and mobile so far.
I applied for the TFN online and the system is asking me for 3 proof of identity, as follows:
1. Passport (check)
2. Bank Statement (check) (can I use two?)
3. Medicare - I applied but I haven't received the card (I just have a paper).
Can't find anything in the list to substitute the above, so any recommendation would be really appreciated.
And, what if I find a job? can I start without TFL while sorting everything out?

Thanks in advance..!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:41 am
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tax file number

The paper you got from Medicare has your Medicare number on it, you can use that for your TFN application, I did
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:43 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAR001
Hi,
Just arrived in Sydney (greatly impressed) under PR last week and things are moving fast here.
I applied for medicare, got bank account and mobile so far.
I applied for the TFN online and the system is asking me for 3 proof of identity, as follows:
1. Passport (check)
2. Bank Statement (check) (can I use two?)
3. Medicare - I applied but I haven't received the card (I just have a paper).
Can't find anything in the list to substitute the above, so any recommendation would be really appreciated.
And, what if I find a job? can I start without TFL while sorting everything out?

Thanks in advance..!
You can start job without TFN, just inform them it's under application.

Try using www.iar.ato.gov.au to get a TFN, you only need your passport number when you do it this way.

You will be asked to enter details including your passport or travel document number, a postal address in Australia where your TFN can be sent, your legal name and other names you use or have used and contact details for yourself or your preferred contact person.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:07 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

We did ours on the phone. No problems very helpful.