Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tax File Number

Originally Posted by jofes2000
Thank you very much indeed.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Just tried to apply online for my TFN but would not let me complete the on line application as it said I was not yet in Australia and to re-apply when I was.

The only info I had entered was my passport number, nationality & name but it could still tell I wasn't yet in Oz. Obviously they cross reference this automatically with immigration info.

No beating the system then - I had an Oz address ready to imput for them to send my TFN to but I didn't get that far.

Why doesn't it let you apply before you get to Oz? I'll be there in 6 weeks and wanted it waiting for me when I got there.

Aw well. Never mind. Once you apply online from Oz how long does it normally take for it to be posted to you?

Thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Just tried to apply online for my TFN but would not let me complete the on line application as it said I was not yet in Australia and to re-apply when I was.

The only info I had entered was my passport number, nationality & name but it could still tell I wasn't yet in Oz. Obviously they cross reference this automatically with immigration info.

No beating the system then - I had an Oz address ready to imput for them to send my TFN to but I didn't get that far.

Why doesn't it let you apply before you get to Oz? I'll be there in 6 weeks and wanted it waiting for me when I got there.

Aw well. Never mind. Once you apply online from Oz how long does it normally take for it to be posted to you?

Thanks.
Its linked to the Immigration system and allows you to get a TFN as soon as your visa is validated. Usually only takes 10 days or so to come through once you're here.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Many thanks Pollyanna