Tax File Number

Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax File Number

I used to live in Oz and came back in 1999.
Obviously as was working I had a Tax File Number and will need one again. I don't have the info anymore but do I need to try and find out my old one or get a new one.
Is it up to me to sort out a TFN or does it happen automatically when I start work?
I can't remember as I was a carefree 21 year old then and clearly wasn't paying enough attention - or too much Crown lager took it's toll on my memory!!!....
Grateful for any advice!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:15 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax File Number

Its your job, and you find the old one. There's something on the ato website to help you find it.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
I used to live in Oz and came back in 1999.
Obviously as was working I had a Tax File Number and will need one again. I don't have the info anymore but do I need to try and find out my old one or get a new one.
Is it up to me to sort out a TFN or does it happen automatically when I start work?
I can't remember as I was a carefree 21 year old then and clearly wasn't paying enough attention - or too much Crown lager took it's toll on my memory!!!....
Grateful for any advice!
Hi, just contact the Australian Tax Office and they will send you your old TFN. All the information is on the ATO webiste the procedures to obtain your old TFN.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys for the answers, another item on the "To do" list!!