tax file number

Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Helen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to allHelen-17 is a name known to all
Default tax file number

Hello there. Can someone confirm the tax file number thing for me? Do you not just arrange this when you start earning money here? At the moment, my husband will still be paid through the UK company payroll for March. He goes to an Aussie payroll as from April. Does he not just get the tax file number then? Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of
Default Re: tax file number

You need to apply for one.

You can do it online at www.ato.gov.au

Mark.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax file number

You can apply for it before you start earning anything. I did.
You need it pretty much as soon as you have a bank account, in order that you will not be charged with-holding tax (which will happen if you don't give a tax file number. You can claim it back again, but easier to just give them the number and not pay it in the first place).

Just do it online, they will post you a paper confirmation within a few weeks.
Fast, free and easy, no excuse not to! (as soon as you have an address they can send it to)