Tax file number

Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

schlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant future
Default Tax file number

We've recently been granted our 136 skilled independent visa and plan to move out to Sydney once we've sold the house. I spent 10 months in Oz on a working holiday visa in 2005 and had a tax file number then. When we move to Sydney will I need to use my old tax file number or do I need to get a new one?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

j_ollie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax file number

As far as I know its the same mumber.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:32 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Your TFN number issued in 2005 is for life.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road

You need to use the same TFN.

Cheers,
Naveen
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:46 am
Just Joined

schlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant futureschlumpf has a brilliant future

Cheers for your replies guys!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

do you know if I need a sperate tfn to my husband, just applied for his online and it asked for spouses details. does this mean we are both included on one number?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrierswife
do you know if I need a sperate tfn to my husband, just applied for his online and it asked for spouses details. does this mean we are both included on one number?
You should have a separate one.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

No everyone has there own. Just think of it as a NI number.

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Similar situation, Mrs tartankoala spent about a year in Oz over 10 years ago. So she already had a tax file number and when we were in Sydney in November we had it confirmed that they still had her details on file. I had to apply for one and had confirmation within 3-4 weeks.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

I have a TFN from a year spent in Oz on a WHV in 2004. I understand I can still use this TFN when I return to Oz to live in a few months time, but my surname has changed since I was last there as I married my Oz partner in Feb 2007. Do I need to inform anyone of this change of name?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Is the TFN something you can apply on line while in the UK or do you have to apply once in oz. Would be nice to be able to get as much as possible done over here, to reduce the stress once we arrive in Sydney later this year.

Thanks

John
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

from what i remember when i got mine you had to apply in oz
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John_R
Is the TFN something you can apply on line while in the UK or do you have to apply once in oz. Would be nice to be able to get as much as possible done over here, to reduce the stress once we arrive in Sydney later this year.

Thanks

John
No, you have to be in Aus to get your TFN.
Tracie
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

OK Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:29 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R

Thanks

John
No stress involved in the TFN.

Sit behind your laptop/pc. apply online. finish glass of wine/beer

Job done in 5 minutes.

You can only apply once down under with an Australian address. (rental address if enough)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.