Tax File Number

Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

joncoll90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax File Number

After reading somone elses thread about tax file numbers, it got me thinking. Two years ago, I went to Australia on a working holiday visa. Obviously to work, I got a tax file number. Does anyone know if when I go back (on a subclass 136) I will be allocated the same TFN or will I have to apply for a new one?

Thanks
JonC
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:26 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax File Number

Originally Posted by joncoll90
After reading somone elses thread about tax file numbers, it got me thinking. Two years ago, I went to Australia on a working holiday visa. Obviously to work, I got a tax file number. Does anyone know if when I go back (on a subclass 136) I will be allocated the same TFN or will I have to apply for a new one?

Thanks
JonC
I believe the TFN you had before is yours for life. I have certainly continued to use the one I got when on a WHV.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joncoll90

Thanks
JonC
You will use the same number.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

OH had one from 18 years ago - it was resurrected when we arrived (136 visa) and he applied for one.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

how can you find an old tfn, i had one about 10yrs ago. But like most other poeple I was traveling and have no idea about address or last working place?
What should i do
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:04 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
how can you find an old tfn, i had one about 10yrs ago. But like most other poeple I was traveling and have no idea about address or last working place?
What should i do
email the ATO as a first step.

or try

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...1432.10.99.htm
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
What should i do
OH similarly didn't have a clue, but when he applied he had to tick yes to the "have you ever had a TFN?" question and they found it for him.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

nice, so this means just got to an ATO when we arrive, apply for my girlfriends, and on my tick the bow, and I should be fine.

Thanks alot.
One more box to tick off on things to organise and research