Tax File Number

Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

snowball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax File Number

Sorry - another query from me today! Applying for a TFN online, appears to be difficult to do unless I am already in Oz, as they require an Australian address? What did you all do - apply before you left, or as soon as you arrived? I am really starting to stress now......Have sold our house, and have to be out in 3 weeks time, packers for the container are coming in 2 weeks......how on earth do you ever survive this huge upheaval! without having a nervous breakdown?
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax File Number

Originally Posted by snowball
Sorry - another query from me today! Applying for a TFN online, appears to be difficult to do unless I am already in Oz, as they require an Australian address? What did you all do - apply before you left, or as soon as you arrived? I am really starting to stress now......Have sold our house, and have to be out in 3 weeks time, packers for the container are coming in 2 weeks......how on earth do you ever survive this huge upheaval! without having a nervous breakdown?

Applied for ours about a week after getting here, mine took about 12 days and Nickys took 28 why the difference who knows, about 2 minutes difference when applying on-line at the tax office in Perth.
Good luck

John & Nicky
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

snowball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Applied for ours about a week after getting here, mine took about 12 days and Nickys took 28 why the difference who knows, about 2 minutes difference when applying on-line at the tax office in Perth.
Good luck

John & Nicky

Thanks for that bit of advice, I was stressing that it had to be done before we arrived. Will add that to the list of things to do once we are over there. cheers
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowball
Thanks for that bit of advice, I was stressing that it had to be done before we arrived. Will add that to the list of things to do once we are over there. cheers
In any case, the website usually won't accept your application unless you have validated your visa