Tax File No.

Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Tax File No.

Hi

Can anybody please advise me as to when it is best to apply for a Tax File
Number (TFN) please?

We are not arriving until August but I kind of what to start putting things in motion now before the time comes.

I know you can do it online but didnt know if it was best to wait once you arrived out there?

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:21 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax File No.

When I arrived you had to be in the country to apply. Did apply online as soon as I could and it came really quickly. Tax withheld by the bank was repaid with the next month's interest.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax File No.

Originally Posted by debs1966
Hi

Can anybody please advise me as to when it is best to apply for a Tax File
Number (TFN) please?

We are not arriving until August but I kind of what to start putting things in motion now before the time comes.

I know you can do it online but didnt know if it was best to wait once you arrived out there?

Many thanks

Debbie
You will have no choice but to wait until you get here. The online system will know you are not in the country as you will have to put in your passport /visa details and it won't allow you to proceed.

Apply the day you arrive.