tax file No

Old Jan 1st 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

advic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tax file No

Hi all

tried to get one online today, it said only available on arrival

thought you could get this prior to arrival in OZ?

am i doing something wrong?

cheers all and happy new year

ad
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:10 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax file No

Originally Posted by advic
Hi all

tried to get one online today, it said only available on arrival

thought you could get this prior to arrival in OZ?

am i doing something wrong?

cheers all and happy new year

ad
You can only do it online if you're in Australia.

I believe there's a paper form to submit if you want it before you arrive.

Tax File Number Application for Persons living Outside Australia
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Dreamy
You can only do it online if you're in Australia.

I believe there's a paper form to submit if you want it before you arrive.

Tax File Number Application for Persons living Outside Australia
I recall this from ages ago, and I 'think' that even if you do apply from outside Australia, you end up being told that you must wait till you arrive, unless you have compelling reasons to need one before arrival.

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:57 am
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

we had to wait until we got here, you can still work dont worry while your waiting for it. just tick the right box's, your new employer will guild you.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:47 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I recall this from ages ago, and I 'think' that even if you do apply from outside Australia, you end up being told that you must wait till you arrive, unless you have compelling reasons to need one before arrival.
Lol, that sounds about right

We just did ours online once we got here and gave the number to OH's employer as soon as we had it. Think it took about a week or so for it to arrive - although some friends who applied for one in the middle of last year said it took weeks to go through.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

It comes through within a week after applying so its not a problem doing it when you arrive.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

My son has arrived in Australia last week he has dual citizenship. We have tried and to register a tax file number for him online and have failed it keeps coming up with "his information is not registered with the DIAC" or something like that can someone tell me what we are doing wrong?? Please

He has Medicare, Drivers Licence, Bank Account etc but can't get a Tax file number online..
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

When we landed I went the same week and filled out the forms took a couple of days too come through I would just do it when you get here

A X
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Ms_Fi will become famous soon enough

I got mine within 10 days of applying on arrival - they have to link your passport number with immigration to make sure you've actually entered Australia so you need to wait until you're here.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedude
My son has arrived in Australia last week he has dual citizenship. We have tried and to register a tax file number for him online and have failed it keeps coming up with "his information is not registered with the DIAC" or something like that can someone tell me what we are doing wrong?? Please

He has Medicare, Drivers Licence, Bank Account etc but can't get a Tax file number online..
Presumably he came in with his Australian Passport in which case he has to apply by paper form. Go to your nearest Centrelink office and he can do it there. It's different than if you're newly migrated and not an Australian Citizen.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice5u5an is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Presumably he came in with his Australian Passport in which case he has to apply by paper form. Go to your nearest Centrelink office and he can do it there. It's different than if you're newly migrated and not an Australian Citizen.
Do you need a perm address? We were thinking of staying in a hostel until we found work (so we know what area to rent in as they only do 6 month rentals). Has anyone else done the same?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 5u5an
Do you need a perm address? We were thinking of staying in a hostel until we found work (so we know what area to rent in as they only do 6 month rentals). Has anyone else done the same?
I lived in a rental for 4 weeks when I applied for mine they did not ask the qyestion just what is your address

A x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Husband did his whilst we were in a holiday rental. No problem.