Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax agent- Sydney Inner west

Tax agent- Sydney Inner west

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Tax agent- Sydney Inner west

Anyone got one? I had a great one in Adelaide who used to some to your house. all info appreciated!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:02 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax agent- Sydney Inner west

You could do it yourself you know. Unless your financial situation is pretty complex, I can't see why anyone would want to pay someone $200 or so, just for them to key info into an online form or fill in a paper tax return........
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I am a bit lazy! Maybe Ill give it a go! silly question, but where do I get a form?
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:27 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Anyone got one? I had a great one in Adelaide who used to some to your house. all info appreciated!
Yup, mine is in Summer Hill... PM me if you want his contact details...
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DrWho
Yup, mine is in Summer Hill... PM me if you want his contact details...
I am a contractor here on a PR and being paid through PAYG, do you know if they are worth there money eg. save you more than they charge. I was under the impression that my circumstances means I can't claim anything back.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:27 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yeah I am a bit lazy! Maybe Ill give it a go! silly question, but where do I get a form?
Well you can get the form from the tax office in July. Or - you can do it the easy way and use the e-tax application.

Or you can pay someone else to do something that would probably take you 30mins....
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmpp
I am a contractor here on a PR and being paid through PAYG, do you know if they are worth there money eg. save you more than they charge. I was under the impression that my circumstances means I can't claim anything back.
Depending on what exactly it is you do and what expenses you have, there are any manner of deductions you may be able to claim. Being paid through PAYG does not stop you from claiming.

If you work on building sites for example, you may be able to claim for travelling between sites, buying tools, protective clothing, laundry - to name just a few.

I would definitely recommend having your tax return done once by a tax agent. It'll cost about $150 and you can claim that as a tax deduction the following year. It may turn out you have nothing to claim. But I have to say that is very rare.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 10:39 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Our accountant is in Hurstsville, will that do? Bloody miles away from us but he was recommended by two other serial expats and he knows his stuff.

The fees are tax deductible.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:38 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmpp
Sorry, no idea... all I can say is that it works for me... and that all the blokes on the tools that work for me have their own accountants because they get to claim all sorts of stuff back...