Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania - Work/Jobs situation

Tasmania - Work/Jobs situation

Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:23 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of
Default Tasmania - Work/Jobs situation

We are currently in Perth (been here 3 years from the UK) and are considering an interstate move. We did have Melbourne in mind but are now also considering the prospect of Tasmania as it looks very beautiful.
Just wondering (those that are there or have experience of Tassy) what is the work situation like? My husband works as a CNC machinist, is there any trade like that there?
And yes we are aware that Tas is quieter/colder etc and thats fine with us. At least we could afford to buy a house there lol.

Cherry
Old Feb 4th 2007, 4:11 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tasmania - Work/Jobs situation

Originally Posted by cherry6
We are currently in Perth (been here 3 years from the UK) and are considering an interstate move. We did have Melbourne in mind but are now also considering the prospect of Tasmania as it looks very beautiful.
Just wondering (those that are there or have experience of Tassy) what is the work situation like? My husband works as a CNC machinist, is there any trade like that there?
And yes we are aware that Tas is quieter/colder etc and thats fine with us. At least we could afford to buy a house there lol.

Cherry
try
www.jobsearch.gov.au
and click the map of tassie and see if any jobs advertised in that area.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 10:17 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
try
www.jobsearch.gov.au
and click the map of tassie and see if any jobs advertised in that area.
Thanks for that, there doesnt seem to be much in the industrial sector. Will keep checking it though.

If anyone else has any extra advice it would be appreciated.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
Thanks for that, there doesnt seem to be much in the industrial sector. Will keep checking it though.

If anyone else has any extra advice it would be appreciated.
we're in Tassie-what's a CNC machinist?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:00 am
Wishing on a star...

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Its a computerised industrial machine that grinds and mills metal. I think. My hubby does tell me but I dont always pay attention lol. He works in the metal manufacturing industry and also does manual milling, turning and grinding. Company he works for now does bits for farm machinery.
He's willing to do anything though.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:40 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Thats exactly what I was asked when I arrived in Qld in 1987. .....I believe they have them by now, though not in great numbers in Tas I would expect.