Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania More 4 7pm - A place in the sun

Tasmania More 4 7pm - A place in the sun

Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:57 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice
Default Tasmania More 4 7pm - A place in the sun

Just noticed this on soon, but maybe not many people heading to Tasmania

Is there much sun there
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania More 4 7pm - A place in the sun

Originally Posted by CDT

Is there much sun there
thanks for that, just tried to call possoms but her phone off! we cant get it unfortunately.

loads of sun i tas, the best place i visited on my first trip to aus!

thank you
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
thanks for that, just tried to call possoms but her phone off! we cant get it unfortunately.

loads of sun i tas, the best place i visited on my first trip to aus!

thank you

gutted!!!!1 beth said we didnt have more 4 and gyess what??? we do!!!bloody missed it!! was it good??
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:14 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

gutted!!!!1 beth said we didnt have more 4 and gyess what??? we do!!!bloody missed it!! was it good??

Can you get More 4 + 1 ?

Its on again now on this channel

Channel 31 on freeview
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:31 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDT

Is there much sun there
Looked very nice, but so is the Lake District. It was filmed in the middle of summer, so don't be misled - Taz has shite weather most of the year.

Unless you have family there, it's always baffled me why people would want to migrate to Taz. Australia is far away enough as it is - without having to take a third plane ride to your final destination after already flying for 25 hours.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CDT

Is there much sun there
I cant belive I missed it, I love tassie, it's a fantastic place (despite what most Aussie's tell you)
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it, saw, it saw it, thanks, I love this freeview lol
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:19 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Looked very nice, but so is the Lake District. It was filmed in the middle of summer, so don't be misled - Taz has shite weather most of the year.

Unless you have family there, it's always baffled me why people would want to migrate to Taz. Australia is far away enough as it is - without having to take a third plane ride to your final destination after already flying for 25 hours.
you stupid ignorant twat suggest you do some research before you post next time
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 1:45 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I take it you have family there then.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Roll on the floor laughing!!

A post from someone else who clearly knows nothing about a place and yet still passes judgement. I grew up in Taz and whilst it doesn't have the climate of Brisbane, it's not exactly shite.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms

here here kay!!

i'm sure they've never even been there!

i have been to many countries in my lifetime (ex stewardess!!) and i can say that tasmania was probably the nicest, most beautiful and unpoluted place i have ever been and also has the friendliest people in australia in my opinion.i witnessed scenery that took my breath away!

if i'd have had my way, i'd have liked to have lived there but work dictates and also teenagers! i cant wait to visit for our holidays though and see our new mates eh kay

Last edited by debbiemc; Jan 22nd 2006 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 4:12 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

here here kay!!

i'm sure they've never even been there!

i have been to many countries in my lifetime (ex stewardess!!) and i can say that tasmania was probably the nicest, most beautiful and unpoluted place i have ever been and also the friendliest people in australia in my opinion.i witnessed scenery that took my breath away!

if i'd have had my way, i'd have liked to have lived there but work dictates and also teenagers! i cant wait to visit for our holidays though and see our new mates eh kay
anytime mate, anytime
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:10 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say if it wasn`t for the fact that we have family in Perth, I would be going to Tasmania - beautiful place (keep trying to persuade hubby but he feels we`ll be better having extended family around us)
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Tut Tut Lewis, being Scottish like my good self you should know better than tell other countries they have shite weather most of the year.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:27 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to add my voice to the Tasmania debate - especially since that's where my Australian wife & I are headed to live for a bit.

We went around a good deal of Oz between Oct 2002 - Oct 2003, visiting W.A., Victoria, Tasmania, Canberra, N.S.W. & Queensland.

My wife, who was an Oz army brat, had stayed in Brisbane, but mostly Perth before coming to Scotland with her Scottish mum over 10 years ago.

Unless you visit these places, & not just on holiday but actually spend TIME there, I think you might be in for a shock after you emigrate.

We lived & worked in Hobart, TAS for 4 months, & whilst certain professions will find extremely limited opportunities there, for a skivvy like me that's not a problem.

It's completely different to the rest of Oz, which is why I agreed to move there , If I had my way we probably wouldn't be going there at all, but I've struck a deal with my wife, 5 years in her country then back home.

Hobart was also the only place in Australia where I felt a real sense of community, & since I'm not a lizard, suits me fine weather-wise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.