Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old May 14th 2009, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Your parent group sounds great! If I lived closer I'd defo be there.

Yeah I know what you mean about Pneumonia, it's not nice. My mum nearly died of it when I was just a baby. It was miss diagnosed luckily they realised before it was too late and she made a full recovery. As soon as I read your little one was on Anti B's I knew she was gonna pull through. It must have been scary having to admit her to hospital at only 6 months old, poor little thing.
Old May 14th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Happy late birthday Sammy! How's the job, is it getting any better?

Myself, I stll have Mother in Hospital they're trialing her on new medication and trying physio but she is panicked about falling so is refusing to stand/walk.

As for us we head off to WA for two weeks on the 30th. Really need the break, be great to see my girlfriends again. 'cept I'm scared I'll get there and wonder why we left
Old May 14th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag

Myself, I stll have Mother in Hospital they're trialing her on new medication and trying physio but she is panicked about falling so is refusing to stand/walk.

As for us we head off to WA for two weeks on the 30th. Really need the break, be great to see my girlfriends again. 'cept I'm scared I'll get there and wonder why we left
Hi Donna

Sorry to hear your mum's still in hospital, it must be hard for her and you.

Have a good time in Perth, at least it will be warmer Do you really think you'll want to return? I am a bit cheesed off with Tas today, or rather the Tas politicians, what are they thinking of, amalgamating the Parks Dept to the Forestry dept, conflict of interest or what??

Sam
Old May 14th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

If I stay in WA it won't be with my hubby, a divorce would definately be on the cards!!! Will be good to do some decent shopping though.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

If I stay in WA it won't be with my hubby, a divorce would definately be on the cards!!! Will be good to do some decent shopping though.

Ahhh, smart shops with nice clothes, sounds lovely

I'm going back to the UK in July with the children for my mum's wedding, so am saving my cents up for a good shopping spree there!

Sam
Old May 14th 2009, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sammy T

I'm going back to the UK in July with the children for my mum's wedding, so am saving my cents up for a good shopping spree there!

Sam
How long will you be in the UK for Sam? I'm heading over with my little one mid August - just for a couple of weeks and will be around Surrey/Hampshire/Sussex area... just trying to figure out how long I can handle being 'housebound' before I have to hire a car to get around!
Old May 14th 2009, 6:18 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

have a good break Donna sounds like you really need it

Sam
Mr Rudd has just contributed nicely to my UK holiday fund
Old May 14th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Thanks Cathy

Just about to have a nice glass of Tassie pinot

Sam
Belated birthday wishes Sam, hope you had a great day x
Old May 14th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Effie1970
Gary - I agree on the 'locals price'... I cant recall how much Kerry was paying though!

How about a meetup in June sometime? Other than Queens birthday weekend we should be around (even if its just me and my little one).

My little girl has a lung infection she's on anti-biotics to try and stop it becoming pneumonia.
Hi Effie hope your little one is recovering now x
Old May 14th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lol like it, hope you have a great time Donna. Lets keep all crossed that the new medication helps to improve your mum. xx
Old May 14th 2009, 11:08 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Effie1970
Kezza - Thanks - she does seem to be responding ok to the anti-b's now (thankfully our doc only gives them when they are really needed and avoiding pneumonia I am happy about lol)... I do worry about her... she had bronchiolitis and ended up in A&E when she was 6 mths old. Have to admit pneumonia scares the cr@p out of me, DP had it a couple of years ago and was so sick, and it was what accelarated his dads lung cancer

I dont know if anyone else is interested... just with the talk of a meetup... I hold a parents group on a Saturday once a month - the next one is on the 13th June. I have use of the child health centre, there's a place for the kids to play and somewhere for the parents to just sit and chat and have a cuppa.
HI Effie, That weekend its also The Model Exhibition at St Aibes hall in Launceston, I will have a model railway on show, Its not compleated but thats the idea to show people what they look like in the constuction stage. If you come along come and say Hi to me.
Effie would love to meet up some time with you and your family just let us know when is best??
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Old May 15th 2009, 2:34 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

just thought I'd write an update on Colins high sea adventures from Bridport to Gold Coast

they set sail at 3pm wed he rang at 5.30pm had been sea sick already!

hes rang this morning things went from bad to worse the crossing was that rough had to take shelter at flinders for an hour. At one stage the railings were totally submerged under water boat at a 45o angle. Waves coming right over top of the boat. Despite all this he says he is loving it they are now past Melbourne and should reach Sydney by 7pm tonight they are picking someone up there then carrying on to Sanctuary Cove.
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania (continued!)-100_1320.jpg   Tasmania (continued!)-100_1315.jpg  

Last edited by Possums; May 15th 2009 at 2:37 am.
Old May 15th 2009, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Possums
just thought I'd write an update on Colins high sea adventures from Bridport to Gold Coast

hes rang this morning things went from bad to worse the crossing was that rough had to take shelter at flinders for an hour. At one stage the railings were totally submerged under water boat at a 45o angle. Waves coming right over top of the boat. Despite all this he says he is loving it they are now past Melbourne and should reach Sydney by 7pm tonight they are picking someone up there then carrying on to Sanctuary Cove.
Sounds like they are having fun

Is this a boat he has been involved in building/fitting out?

When do you go up to GC, have a great time, will be nice to get away from this weather!

Sam
Old May 15th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Effie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant futureEffie1970 has a brilliant future

Must admit I wouldnt be great on the sea on a windy day like today! Sounds like Colin is having a blast though

Gary - I work from home on Mondays (the other days I can always duck out for lunch/coffee), my stepson plays soccer on Saturdays and the little one has music first thing but wouldnt mind a hot chocolate afterwards?... any day that suits you guys better?
Old May 15th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums

Woah that sounds awesome!! I get terrible sea sickness too, but Duncan practically grew up on ships, infact he learn't to walk on a ship so he definately has sea legs!! lol He would love to do something like that too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.