Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:17 am
Banned

sprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant futuresprintman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania and the NSW Southern Highlands are the most British areas of Australia. Why more Brits don't move to these temperate areas rather than Perth and Adelaide is the $64,000 question. They would be far motre 'at home' than most areas selected. Would be a lot less ping ponging as well.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Hi Cathy, great news about the offers and the viewers, hopefully market is now picking up for you. Lucky guys in Tassie with all that fab weather , although I personally love the snow, although we didnt get as much as you guys in Romford, Mersea being by the sea is that much warmer so ours was a sprinkling!! Took the kids up to mother in laws in Hornchurch so they could get their fix, bless they even had to go to school. he he keep us posted on Sundays viewer. All crossed for ya. x
Hi Corinne, thanks for that. All the snow's gone here now, we had a few sleet showers late last night, but i think all the snow everyone else got missed us here...I'm quite relieved myself although the kids are disappointed!
Hope Max is doing well?
Cathy
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hey guys, sorry not posting much these days, have the in laws here at the moment and it's hard to get a moments peace! We sent the guys to the wooden boat show today and me and the mother inlaw went to the botanical gardens. The boys enjoyed the show although they thought the entry fee was a bit steep for what was there. The Botanical Gardens were free and were absolutely wonderful, unfortunately we did get quite a bit of rain, but lucky for us we were very close to the conservatory so we ducked for cover until it passed. The temps were still quite muggy though despite the rain, but a welcome break from the hot weather we have been getting lately. Possoms I hope you enjoyed your time down here, sorry bout the rain though! But I'm sure you noticed we needed it down here.

We are hoping to go to the festivale next weekend too, I'm going to try and book into a hotel for Sat night, if I can find one that isn't booked up. We want to take the in laws to the basin and a good look around Launceston on the Sat then go to the festivale on Sunday. All depends if we can get booked into some where first though, as usual we have left things to the last minute!

Cathy that's great news about your veiwings Looks like you'll be out here in no time. I love the pics of the snow, I enjoy the snow too, so just a bit envious that I wasn't there to play!!
Hi Kerry, Glad to hear you're out and about showing the in-laws the sights. I was looking at something about the Royal Botanical Gardens the other day funnily enough, it came up on a site that had a list of places to visit. Does look nice there, i remember we used to drive past the walls to the gardens when we were over.
Hope you manage to book a hotel for next weekend...sounds like a lot of you guys are all going to the Festivale!
Will let you know how we get on with the viewers! havent heard from the 2nd viewer the other day - so maybe not so promising there, but you never know!
take care
Cathy
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:09 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hey guys, sorry not posting much these days, have the in laws here at the moment and it's hard to get a moments peace! We sent the guys to the wooden boat show today and me and the mother inlaw went to the botanical gardens. The boys enjoyed the show although they thought the entry fee was a bit steep for what was there. The Botanical Gardens were free and were absolutely wonderful, unfortunately we did get quite a bit of rain, but lucky for us we were very close to the conservatory so we ducked for cover until it passed. The temps were still quite muggy though despite the rain, but a welcome break from the hot weather we have been getting lately. Possoms I hope you enjoyed your time down here, sorry bout the rain though! But I'm sure you noticed we needed it down here.

We are hoping to go to the festivale next weekend too, I'm going to try and book into a hotel for Sat night, if I can find one that isn't booked up. We want to take the in laws to the basin and a good look around Launceston on the Sat then go to the festivale on Sunday. All depends if we can get booked into some where first though, as usual we have left things to the last minute!

Cathy that's great news about your veiwings Looks like you'll be out here in no time. I love the pics of the snow, I enjoy the snow too, so just a bit envious that I wasn't there to play!!
Hi Kezza, If you can your better going to festivale on Sat as on Sunday from speaking to people some of the better outlets have been know to run out of things, As for hotels there are lots of smaller places it depends what you are looking at paying.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi Kezza, If you can your better going to festivale on Sat as on Sunday from speaking to people some of the better outlets have been know to run out of things, As for hotels there are lots of smaller places it depends what you are looking at paying.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Thanks for that Gary, will bear that in mind. We just need to make sure we have a dog sitter before booking anywhere first, we're not looking for anything to expensive just comfortable and clean.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sprintman
Tasmania and the NSW Southern Highlands are the most British areas of Australia. Why more Brits don't move to these temperate areas rather than Perth and Adelaide is the $64,000 question. They would be far motre 'at home' than most areas selected. Would be a lot less ping ponging as well.
You'd be surprised at the ping ponging that goes on in Tassie!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:56 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

You'd be surprised at the ping ponging that goes on in Tassie!
Your right there.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Just back from our hols to Queensland, had a wonderful time, really beautiful and green, we really noticed the difference here in Tas, it was so brown flying back in!

We were thinking of going to the Boat Festival but just enjoying relaxing at home and catching up, so will probably just chill out with wine and a barbie instead! There is an picnic concert at Tolosa Park next weekend so will hopefully go to as long as it's dry.

The children are back at school on Tuesday so will get chance to catch up then, it's been a busy holiday, with Christmas and moving into a new house, then our holiday as well, the time has really flown by!

Sam
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm glad you had a good time in Queensland, it sounds lovely. What music are they playing at Tolosa park? Alex had his Christmas party there it's a great park.

Alex starts Kindy on Tuesday too, I can't wait to get some peace and quiet, he's been driving me mad lately!!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:46 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Anyway, quick update on the viewings today. Guy came who represented a consortium buying up properties in the area. We knew he was legit as our previous agent had rung Andy yesterday to say that he'd been talking to this guy (who has put in 8 offers on properties they're dealing with), & he'd said he was coming to see ours. He was here literally 5mins (so annoying that when you've spent hours cleaning the place from top to bottom!
He said before he left he'd be making an offer. Apparently these buyers don't do a survey, they like to exchange within 4-5 days & let you pick when you want to complete! Now if he'd offered a price we were interested in - that would be our perfect buyer! Anyway, he offered first £35,000 under our asking price but then upped his offer by £20,000 but as it was still £15,000 under we've said no.
2nd viewer today also liked house, but had seen several others today & is going to chat to the agent tomorrow...so we'll see what happens there.
But we have another couple coming to view Sunday morning, so it seems that viewings are picking up this month which is great compared to having no-one last month. Agent said for now we were right to refuse the offer, because if investors offered us that price it definitely means our house is worth more...... Will let you know if we hear back from the other lady today and how Sundays viewing goes....but feeling much more positive about selling now that buyers are finally starting to show their faces! Interest rate down today again as well - so that should help matters!

Anyway, getting back to the lovely Island of Tasmania - its still very hot over there isn't it - but are some parts having heavy rain alongwith the heat?!

Cathy
sounds like things are happening Cathy, really hope you get a buyer out of it the invester may come back with more yet.

mm weather was fab till we got to Hobart it pisses it down every time we are down there!

HI Kerry, we too thought it was expensive for what it was and yep it did rain luckily we managed to park along the front so could get a change of clothes! show was ok but wouldnt rush back.

couldnt believe how dry it is all the way down its terrible.

we stayed in New Norfolk on the friday night jeez it had been hot that day! went on the Jet boat which was fantastic, and cooled us down! your round that way arent you? went to the Possom shed at Westerway, not been since 2003, I was gutted to find its just a cafe now great food though

spent last night in Franklin, great little place really old pub some real characters been on the Tahune airwalk today fantastic

you will be very lucky with accomodation for festivale, a couple of mates have been trying to find something without luck. keep your eye on 'wot if' to see if anything comes up, you might do ok looking for a two bed apartment.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi everyone!

Just back from our hols to Queensland, had a wonderful time, really beautiful and green, we really noticed the difference here in Tas, it was so brown flying back in!

We were thinking of going to the Boat Festival but just enjoying relaxing at home and catching up, so will probably just chill out with wine and a barbie instead! There is an picnic concert at Tolosa Park next weekend so will hopefully go to as long as it's dry.

The children are back at school on Tuesday so will get chance to catch up then, it's been a busy holiday, with Christmas and moving into a new house, then our holiday as well, the time has really flown by!

Sam

Hi Sam, welcome back! Glad you had such a great time away...
I just had a look to see where Tolosa Park was (trying to work out where everyone is going whenever places are mentioned on the thread! ). That way, hopefully by the time we get to the island i'll understand where things are! That sounds nice though a picnic concert Hope the weather's good for you guys next weekend...

Cathy
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm glad you had a good time in Queensland, it sounds lovely. What music are they playing at Tolosa park? Alex had his Christmas party there it's a great park.

Alex starts Kindy on Tuesday too, I can't wait to get some peace and quiet, he's been driving me mad lately!!
Hi Kerry, just wanted to wish Alex good luck for his 1st day at Kindy. I hope he enjoys himself! and i hope you enjoy the peace and quiet for a few hours!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Your right there.
Hi Lenmil. How are things going? Are you still in Tassie?

Cathy
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Possums
sounds like things are happening Cathy, really hope you get a buyer out of it the invester may come back with more yet.
Hi Possums glad you enjoyed your weekend away despite the rain... 2nd viewer from thursday have now said that our house wasn't for them (not big enough apparently ), but never mind. Not sure if we'll hear back from the consortium guy with an increased offer, but you never know....shame it wasn't for a bit more but i dont think he was willing to pay more than his 2nd offer as he was putting in offers on so many properties, would love to know how many people have accepted the low offers though . Still if nothing happens for another few months we can always get the agent to give him a ring....unless he's bought too many properties by then to be interested Had viewers today - so hopefully hear some feedback from the agent tomorrow... We are glad things seem to be picking up - and it was mentioned on the TV and on the papers that prices may increase slightly - but I dont enjoy all this trying to sell a house business

Had you done the Tahune Airwalk before? I remember Kerry recommended we do that when we came over on our trip, but we never had enough time to get there and do it Does look really good...

Cathy
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:59 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Possums glad you enjoyed your weekend away despite the rain... 2nd viewer from thursday have now said that our house wasn't for them (not big enough apparently ), but never mind. Not sure if we'll hear back from the consortium guy with an increased offer, but you never know....shame it wasn't for a bit more but i dont think he was willing to pay more than his 2nd offer as he was putting in offers on so many properties, would love to know how many people have accepted the low offers though . Still if nothing happens for another few months we can always get the agent to give him a ring....unless he's bought too many properties by then to be interested Had viewers today - so hopefully hear some feedback from the agent tomorrow... We are glad things seem to be picking up - and it was mentioned on the TV and on the papers that prices may increase slightly - but I dont enjoy all this trying to sell a house business

Had you done the Tahune Airwalk before? I remember Kerry recommended we do that when we came over on our trip, but we never had enough time to get there and do it Does look really good...

Cathy
no house selling is a nightmare.

no not been on the airwalk before it is good, also got two swinging bridges over the rivers, great views and nice forest walks. Can recommend the Jet boat at New Norfolk too, the woman who drives it is a nutter LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.