Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
We'll have been here on a PR visa for 2 years at the end of Nov so we can apply then, and the ceremony is on Australia Day at Sandy Bay seafront.

Trip to the UK was good as far as seeing the rellies went, flights on Singapore were excellent, first leg Syd-Sin on an A380. Didn't enjoy being back in the UK so much, too crowded/aggressive etc but we went for lots of walks in the Lakes and enjoyed some good pub meals-much better than counter meals here in Hobart!
Hi

Sounds like you had a good time back in the UK, if you know where to go, you can get great pub food, can't you?
I guess you were glad to come back to Tas.

Sam
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi

I guess you were glad to come back to Tas.

Sam
Yes. It felt like coming home when we got off the plane in Hobart (despite it being 9C-after getting on the plane in Sydney where it was 28 degrees-and feeling bloody cold!).
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:42 am
Old Member

TassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to all

Yes. It felt like coming home when we got off the plane in Hobart .
I can't bloody wait to come back Home to Hobart (even though i'm from the UK)
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:38 am
Just Joined

-Billybob- will become famous soon enough-Billybob- will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TassieBear
kezzabird - i hope you had a good party - did BillyBob do anything stupid, send him my regards

Hey TassieBear! Great to hear from you again and thanks for having lots of faith in me!!! I didn't do anything stupid, that I can remember anyway. But the Jim Beam was flowing, and Woofy ended up 3 sheets to the wind!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:40 am
Just Joined

-Billybob- will become famous soon enough-Billybob- will become famous soon enough

I can't bloody wait to come back Home to Hobart (even though i'm from the UK)
The Jim Beams on waiting for ya mate!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:44 am
Old Member

TassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to allTassieBear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by -Billybob-
The Jim Beams on waiting for ya mate!
Get the Cascade chilled mate
Old Oct 31st 2008, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Get the Cascade chilled mate
Would you like that in a cocktail glass with a cherry on top?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:04 am
Old Member

Would you like that in a cocktail glass with a cherry on top?
You know me so well.

How is the off roading ? Any more trip's and pictures to post ?

Last edited by TassieBear; Oct 31st 2008 at 10:10 am.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

You know me so well.

How is the off roading ? Any more trip's and pictures to post ?
My 4X4 is stripped down in bits ready to prep, Woofy has offered a V8 to slam in her so that's my carbon off-setting buggered up!!!

Went down around EagleHawk Neck last month.
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania (continued!)-pict0043.jpg   Tasmania (continued!)-pict0062.jpg   Tasmania (continued!)-pict0058.jpg  
Old Oct 31st 2008, 11:43 am
Old Member

Talking Re: Tasmania (continued!)

My 4X4 is stripped down in bits ready to prep, Woofy has offered a V8 to slam in her so that's my carbon off-setting buggered up!!!

Went down around EagleHawk Neck last month.
SUPER

Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
went to the Derby River Derby sooo boring, then back to friends for a barbie and far too much alcohol .. we've even missed free drinks at the club this arvo feel that bad

off to the Deloraine Craft fair this coming weekend, Melbourne Cup party day on the Tues then to a bonfire on the 5th!

Hi Back from The Lakes today....just catching up on here...
How was the Craft fair this weekend? (my kind of thing!). Did you buy anything?
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi all

Hope everyone is good.

We have just returned from a fantastic trip to Sydney, it is an amazing city! We went up the Sydney Tower for great views, the Aquarium for the kids, took the ferry to Manly Beach, and admired the surf dudes (well, I did anyway!) had a sunset cocktail cruise around the harbour, walked around the Botanic Gardens, sat on the steps of the Opera House and ate fish and chips at Doyles on the Quay.

We are now knackered and broke!!

Nice to come back home for peace and natural beauty

Sam

All sounds wonderful Sam!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

We'll have been here on a PR visa for 2 years at the end of Nov so we can apply then, and the ceremony is on Australia Day at Sandy Bay seafront.

Trip to the UK was good as far as seeing the rellies went, flights on Singapore were excellent, first leg Syd-Sin on an A380. Didn't enjoy being back in the UK so much, too crowded/aggressive etc but we went for lots of walks in the Lakes and enjoyed some good pub meals-much better than counter meals here in Hobart!

Glad you had a good trip back to the UK.
Just arrived home from The Lakes today ourselves. Arrived last Saturday to all the flooding that was going on - it actually took us over 8 hours to get from where we live to Windermere. The day we arrived (Saturday) was the day the Marathon on the Fell's was cancelled and loads of participants were missing due to the unexpected turn in weather conditions...thankfully they were eventually accounted for though.

Here's a pic of some of the flooding where we were staying beside Lake Windermere - thankfully the water didn't reach our cabin! The other photo is at Bowness - the ticket booth for boat trips was standing in water!
There was also snow whilst we were there - hence the 3rd pic....

Tasmania (continued!)-dscf1298.jpg

Tasmania (continued!)-dscf1337.jpg

Tasmania (continued!)-dscf1391.jpg

Did have a great time though - Andy had never been to Cumbria and was amazed by the countryside there...it's certainly impressive.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:50 pm
Old Member

Wink Re: Tasmania (continued!)

I personally love the Tassie countryside better thna the UK, thats what we found when we travelled from the north to the south

Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

I personally love the Tassie countryside better thna the UK, thats what we found when we travelled from the north to the south

I agree with you mate, but then again that's what this thread is all about.
Here is a nice picture of Tasmania for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.