Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Tasmania (continued!)

Originally Posted by Possums
Good on ya Cathy its all you can do

I dont think the thread has got chatty everything is related to moving or living in Tas, do you think the thread is too long? maybe any newbies considering Tas get put off because of it.

Tas has always been a poor relative on this site, not many are going and not many are interested in the place, so many questions just get ignored and because of that its all got condensed into one long thread, also can be hard to relate to other posters on the site .. I still think many believe Tas is another country not part of Australia! And many others just think we are completely mad for coming here in the first place
Do you think we should start a new one? As it is virtually impossible to find out the information you are looking for in a thread this long. And it does get a bit much people asking the same old questions all the time.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania??

we could update the wiki pages

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Tasmania
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:29 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Do you think we should start a new one? As it is virtually impossible to find out the information you are looking for in a thread this long. And it does get a bit much people asking the same old questions all the time.
might be a good idea as the OP didnt even get to Tas you would have to get a mod to close this and start a new one. You will always get people asking the same questions though.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:34 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
cripes first time i've been on there, clicked on discussion and it started a thread WTF have I done

erm aside from that theres not much info on there is there
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:56 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Hi all just to let you know we are back in Tassie. Well half of us that is. Any way got a fully furnished flat that is quite good. Flight was good (Emirates) but i would love first class travel. Those seats look sooooo comfy. Had a little hassle getting my phone on via Telstra but they did sort me out. I forgot just how friendly the people are here. Just feel like i have not been away. A good feeling.

Bad news on our house not selling due to poor service by an estate agent not turning up to meet viewers. Looks like we have lost a potential buyer. With the current UK economic climate i am gobsmacked by the lack of care by them, oh well. So it's back to us being apart again until the house sells or we win the lottery. So it's a year ago today i first landed in Tassie but not been here a year. I left the UK in rain and floods and got here to loads if rain, typical eh. But it's getting better weather wise. Looking forward to the summer.

Hi Cathy sorry to hear about your house not selling. We nearly gave up too to be honest. But after loosing out to NZ due to our house not selling we had to give it another shot. I hope later on you do get what you want. We had to come back due to my sponsored visa. I either came back or give up Oz for good. Last go at it this time i recon. I agree about most people not looking at Tassie. I did not set out to come here at first. It was a job offer (got dropped in it by a NZ employer) and i am glad i did come to Tassie. Very much over looked. There are so many Brits here as well as mainlanders who just love it here. Not too hot or too cold. Any ways i will keep you up to date as much as i can. Good luck to every one trying to sell their house.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Hi all just to let you know we are back in Tassie. Well half of us that is. Any way got a fully furnished flat that is quite good. Flight was good (Emirates) but i would love first class travel. Those seats look sooooo comfy. Had a little hassle getting my phone on via Telstra but they did sort me out. I forgot just how friendly the people are here. Just feel like i have not been away. A good feeling.

Bad news on our house not selling due to poor service by an estate agent not turning up to meet viewers. Looks like we have lost a potential buyer. With the current UK economic climate i am gobsmacked by the lack of care by them, oh well. So it's back to us being apart again until the house sells or we win the lottery. So it's a year ago today i first landed in Tassie but not been here a year. I left the UK in rain and floods and got here to loads if rain, typical eh. But it's getting better weather wise. Looking forward to the summer.

Hi Cathy sorry to hear about your house not selling. We nearly gave up too to be honest. But after loosing out to NZ due to our house not selling we had to give it another shot. I hope later on you do get what you want. We had to come back due to my sponsored visa. I either came back or give up Oz for good. Last go at it this time i recon. I agree about most people not looking at Tassie. I did not set out to come here at first. It was a job offer (got dropped in it by a NZ employer) and i am glad i did come to Tassie. Very much over looked. There are so many Brits here as well as mainlanders who just love it here. Not too hot or too cold. Any ways i will keep you up to date as much as i can. Good luck to every one trying to sell their house.
Wahoo welcome back to Tassie!!! Shame it's not the whole family though, I can't imagine what it must be like for you to be separated for such a long time. I hope it works out for you this time around.

If your down our neck of the woods in 3 weeks time, drop by and join in the party celebrating our 1st Year in Tas, your most welcome. And that goes for anyone else on here, although I am aware that Possums and Lenmil are way up North.

Kerry
x
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:59 pm
(^v^)

Wahoo welcome back to Tassie!!! Shame it's not the whole family though, I can't imagine what it must be like for you to be separated for such a long time. I hope it works out for you this time around.

If your down our neck of the woods in 3 weeks time, drop by and join in the party celebrating our 1st Year in Tas, your most welcome. And that goes for anyone else on here, although I am aware that Possums and Lenmil are way up North.

Kerry
x
thank you yep a little far for us to drop in have a good one
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:06 pm
(^v^)

Welcome back to Tassie

crikey we have some shocking weather, cannot believe it and looks like its on its way again... just in time for the footie final!

its a really crap situ for you to be in Lenmill, I really do hope you get a buyer soon

where abouts in northern Tas are you?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi Lenmil. Glad you made it safely back to Tas.
As you know already - keeping my fingerscrossed that you get that buyer soon!
Please do keep us uptodate as to what's happening... we all wish the best for you and your family and that you're all reunited soon.
Cathy
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

. And that goes for anyone else on here, although I am aware that Possums and Lenmil are way up North.

Kerry
x

Wish we could join in with the celebrations.....maybe we'll get a chance by the time your 2nd anniversary arrives!

I can't believe that this time last year we were planning our validation trip to Oz. I know Andy certainly never expected for us to be having another UK christmas this year...
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All, has anyone been to the Bay of Fires on the North East of the Island? Someone has asked me what it's like there - but we never ventured up that way when we were over last year....
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi All, has anyone been to the Bay of Fires on the North East of the Island? Someone has asked me what it's like there - but we never ventured up that way when we were over last year....

Hi Cathy

We briefly visited this area on our trip last year, the Bay of Fires is stunning. We would like to go again for a weekend and combine with Mt William National Park which looks good.
I think Teabag is going to that area over Christmas, so maybe she knows it better.

Sam
Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:43 am
(^v^)

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Cathy

Yes it is beautiful, St Helens is the nearest town about 10 mins away so could either stay there and take trips out or there is accomodation over there.

There is and excellent restaurant called Angasi, also do accomodation

http://www.angasi.com.au/

there is a north east tassie website, not that much info on it to be honest but heres the link

http://www.netasmania.com.au/

other option is camping if they like roughing it!!

Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hi Cathy

We briefly visited this area on our trip last year, the Bay of Fires is stunning. We would like to go again for a weekend and combine with Mt William National Park which looks good.
I think Teabag is going to that area over Christmas, so maybe she knows it better.

Sam

Hi Sam, Hope you had a good weekend? thanks for that - i'll have a look at Mt William and send my friend some details...

Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Possums
Hi Cathy

Yes it is beautiful, St Helens is the nearest town about 10 mins away so could either stay there and take trips out or there is accomodation over there.

There is and excellent restaurant called Angasi, also do accomodation

http://www.angasi.com.au/

there is a north east tassie website, not that much info on it to be honest but heres the link

http://www.netasmania.com.au/

other option is camping if they like roughing it!!

Hi - thanks Kay. so it's near St Helens, i've often looked at properties for sale in St Helens on realestate.com.au - it's got a lovely bay there hasn't it? i couldnt consider living there though as i think it was too far from any of the places that Andy could potentially work and perhaps a little too quiet for me - although it looks lovely. Thanks for the links - i'll pass them on. My friend is based in Sydney but is considering Tas as a holiday destination for next year. I dont think she'd be up for camping though....
Restaurant looks lovely - i've just had a nose at the menu - "garlic butter cob loaf", "pork with roasted baby parsnips", yum yum.... Not so sure about the Oysters etc - but i think that might be because i've never tried them "properly" if you get what i mean! and i never realised people actually ate Abalone - silly me just thought they were used for the shells!
Abalone and mother of pearl are my favourite jewellry items... I have loads of stuff made out of both - including trinket boxes etc - and i've been a bit worried i might not be able to ship these - so i think they're going to come with me in my suitcases when we eventually move.
Did i tell you guys that Andy bought a 8 berth tent with his 40th birthday money....im still not sure he'll convince me to go camping next year but you never know....depends on how many creature comforts he gets between now and then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.