Tasmania

Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

sootyandsweep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tasmania

Hi there
We live in melbourne presently but might possibly have the chance to live near Launceston . We would love to know how expats settled in Tassie and how they find it there. Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania

Hi

We are not yet in Oz, but Tas is still our top choice. There are quite a few posters on here who live in Oz and who are about to, so I'm sure they will answer your questions.
We had a visit in June and loved it!
Sammy
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Hi heres a thread with loads of info for ya. We are off to Tas too as soon as our house sale goes through here in the UK.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=tasmania

Kerry
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Heres another Happy reading and good luck!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=tassie

Kerry
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry
You must be getting very excited now, how's the house sale going?
Are you taking your furniture etc, I reckon its best not to take our stuff as its so expensive to ship and then you have a problem with being in rented and unfurnished accomodation until it arrives but OH is adamant he's not leaving it behind!
Not that I'm getting ahead of myself (as usual) as OH still has to sit an axam in London in Sept as part of his skills assessment before we can even apply for the visa, but I'm so inpatient that I have to entertain myself planning ahead.
Let us know how your plans are going?
Sammy
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sammy

Wow you are ahead of yourself!! Still there is no harm in planning.

Well its all gone a bit stagnant here, still no moving date yet! or any sign of a completion date. You'd think with no upper or lower chain it'll be quick, but no chance!

I'm impatient too and just want to get the ball rolling with regards to booking shipping and flights etc. But daren't book them incase it falls through.

We aren't taking our furniture only computer and desk and cot and matching chest of drawers (mainly cos they are mama's and papa's and were v. pricey). Most of the stuff we are shipping is toys, tools, kitchen equipment and personal bits. Thats costing £3,000 to ship out with Crown. Its not the cheapest quote but cos its them all the way we are going with them, no middle men or different companies at the other end. We can't really take the chance of Duncan's tools going missing as its his livlihood.

Will let you know of any updates as and when.

Speak to you soon
Kerry
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Came across a new Tassie forum yesterday, just in case anyone is interested. Still in its infancy, but has some good links.
http://www.the-remembrance-place.com.../yabb2/YaBB.pl

Last edited by Pollyana; Jul 1st 2007 at 2:19 am.