Tasmania??

Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Hello everyone!

Haven't been online much the past 3 weeks or so, as had Bro inlaw over for a visit, plus I haven't had a phone line for the past 6 days!!! :curse: Its a long story and don't want to bore you with it! (just that Telstra is a joke!!)

Anyway looks like I haven't missed much, where has everyone got to? Sammy glad you had a good time, we'll have to check that out one day!

We've been doing all the tourist stuff again and spent a couple of nights at Cradle Mountain Lodge, it was blaaaady freezing, but worth a visit during the cold season as it is soooo beautiful. On the way we stopped at Mole Creek and did one of the Caves (the one with the underground river) it was awesome, they turn the lights off so that you can see the glow worms, totally amazing! We have well and truly got our money's worth from our Parks Pass, and just to let you guys know if your thinking of getting one, don't get it at Cradle Mountain.....I noticed they are charging $90 for a yearly pass, but I paid $60 for the same pass at Mount Field....go figure Anyway the bro inlaw had a great time and has now since gone. We are expecting our next visitors in a couple of weeks time..... Duncan's Auntie and Uncle are coming over from Mel for 5 days to help us celebrate our 1 year in Tas!

And we will be having one heck of a bad arse party, so get your glad rags on and get over to Magra in 3 weeks time! I will be contacting everyone soon enough with more details.

Wahooooooooooooooooooo!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hello everyone!

Haven't been online much the past 3 weeks or so, as had Bro inlaw over for a visit, plus I haven't had a phone line for the past 6 days!!! :curse: Its a long story and don't want to bore you with it! (just that Telstra is a joke!!)

Anyway looks like I haven't missed much, where has everyone got to? Sammy glad you had a good time, we'll have to check that out one day!

We've been doing all the tourist stuff again and spent a couple of nights at Cradle Mountain Lodge, it was blaaaady freezing, but worth a visit during the cold season as it is soooo beautiful. On the way we stopped at Mole Creek and did one of the Caves (the one with the underground river) it was awesome, they turn the lights off so that you can see the glow worms, totally amazing! We have well and truly got our money's worth from our Parks Pass, and just to let you guys know if your thinking of getting one, don't get it at Cradle Mountain.....I noticed they are charging $90 for a yearly pass, but I paid $60 for the same pass at Mount Field....go figure Anyway the bro inlaw had a great time and has now since gone. We are expecting our next visitors in a couple of weeks time..... Duncan's Auntie and Uncle are coming over from Mel for 5 days to help us celebrate our 1 year in Tas!

And we will be having one heck of a bad arse party, so get your glad rags on and get over to Magra in 3 weeks time! I will be contacting everyone soon enough with more details.

Wahooooooooooooooooooo!

Congratulations on your forthcoming 1st Anniversary in Tas! that time has flown by really quickly!

I also have not been on the site (although i've been reading threads) for a few weeks as we've been having a break from anything to do with Australia. I'd also got fed up of posting on British Expats and being ignored. But hey ho - we live and learn.

Situation is our house is now off the market - due to the fact that nothing is moving property wise around here. We will be reviewing the whole thing after Christmas - but for now are just trying to enjoy living where we are for the timebeing, and to be honest now that the house selling pressure is off we are actually having a nice relaxed time.
We'll worry about what's going to happen next year then, but are resigned to possibly being in the UK for longer than originally intended... I've already paid the deposit to go away for a friends 30th next March - so i guess that says it all really....

Andy was 40 the other week and we went to Center Parcs at Elvedon, Suffolk which was great, and for his birthday i bought him another holiday as a present (no surprise there for anyone that knows me well). So we're off to the Lake District to stay in a wooden cabin on Lake Windermere next month for the school holiday week.

I hope you enjoy your party in a couple of weeks...

Cathy
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Hey Cathy, nice to see you back, I think this thread was just getting too bogged down with chit chat not relative to moving to Tassie, and I know for me I couldn't keep up with it all.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Doggon blast!!! Just wrote out a lengthy reply to you Cathy and got kicked off the internet and lost it! Honest, I'm not ignoring you! lol

Anyway it went something like this.......... Good for you getting on with your life, it's too short to get stressed out over stuff. With the housing market the way it is, you are wise just to get on with life and enjoy it! Greetings to the birthday boy! And the Lakes trip sounds lovely.

It is easy to get carried away chatting about stuff not relevant to the thread.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

I think we need some new people that are considering moving to Tas to join the thread - but i think the ones that pop onto the thread ask maybe one or two questions and then disappear!
I do check the thread every day or so though - just incase someone has posted...as i do enjoy reading what everyone has been up to - whether they're still UK based or living in Tas...
I know our time to move will come one day...just bad timing on our part!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:27 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Congratulations on your forthcoming 1st Anniversary in Tas! that time has flown by really quickly!

I also have not been on the site (although i've been reading threads) for a few weeks as we've been having a break from anything to do with Australia. I'd also got fed up of posting on British Expats and being ignored. But hey ho - we live and learn.

Situation is our house is now off the market - due to the fact that nothing is moving property wise around here. We will be reviewing the whole thing after Christmas - but for now are just trying to enjoy living where we are for the timebeing, and to be honest now that the house selling pressure is off we are actually having a nice relaxed time.
We'll worry about what's going to happen next year then, but are resigned to possibly being in the UK for longer than originally intended... I've already paid the deposit to go away for a friends 30th next March - so i guess that says it all really....

Andy was 40 the other week and we went to Center Parcs at Elvedon, Suffolk which was great, and for his birthday i bought him another holiday as a present (no surprise there for anyone that knows me well). So we're off to the Lake District to stay in a wooden cabin on Lake Windermere next month for the school holiday week.

I hope you enjoy your party in a couple of weeks...

Cathy
Good on ya Cathy its all you can do

Originally Posted by travelbug
I think we need some new people that are considering moving to Tas to join the thread - but i think the ones that pop onto the thread ask maybe one or two questions and then disappear!
I do check the thread every day or so though - just incase someone has posted...as i do enjoy reading what everyone has been up to - whether they're still UK based or living in Tas...
I know our time to move will come one day...just bad timing on our part!
I dont think the thread has got chatty everything is related to moving or living in Tas, do you think the thread is too long? maybe any newbies considering Tas get put off because of it.

Tas has always been a poor relative on this site, not many are going and not many are interested in the place, so many questions just get ignored and because of that its all got condensed into one long thread, also can be hard to relate to other posters on the site .. I still think many believe Tas is another country not part of Australia! And many others just think we are completely mad for coming here in the first place
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
Good on ya Cathy its all you can do

I dont think the thread has got chatty everything is related to moving or living in Tas, do you think the thread is too long? maybe any newbies considering Tas get put off because of it.

Tas has always been a poor relative on this site, not many are going and not many are interested in the place, so many questions just get ignored and because of that its all got condensed into one long thread, also can be hard to relate to other posters on the site .. I still think many believe Tas is another country not part of Australia! And many others just think we are completely mad for coming here in the first place
Thread continues....

HERE