Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taraunga-design+print jobs

Taraunga-design+print jobs

Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taraunga-design+print jobs

We are now looking at Taraunga and Bay of Plenty region for Jan 2004.
Does anyone, already there or who knows the area, know of any design and print firms nearby?
Husband is studio manager at the moment and is hoping to send out his cv before we get there.
I am a nurse and we are hoping to get across on a working to residency visa. Any thoughts on this option of visa would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taraunga-design+print jobs

Originally posted by janweb
We are now looking at Taraunga and Bay of Plenty region for Jan 2004.
Does anyone, already there or who knows the area, know of any design and print firms nearby?
Husband is studio manager at the moment and is hoping to send out his cv before we get there.
I am a nurse and we are hoping to get across on a working to residency visa. Any thoughts on this option of visa would also be appreciated.

Thanks
There are loads of design and print firms in Tauranga for some reason, can't remember all of them now except for Snapprint. The best thing to do is go to the NZ yellow pages web site and search for them in Tauranga there. We have friends who are about to go to NZ on a work visa but are looking at turning it into residency when the time comes, alot of people seem to do it that way,( but you need the job offer and the company needs to show no NZ'ers suitable I think) Good luck!
Old Jun 4th 2003, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband is a freelance senior graphic designer/art director/studio manager/typographer/web designer and has been in the business for 18 years in London. He contacted all of the design, print and advertising companies in Tauranga and found they are very reluctant to offer you a job because they don't want to have the reponsibilty of finding someone new if it does'nt work out and you can't cope with your new life. Saying that he has been told to come and see them all when he arrives. A lot of the contacts are though friends in the advertising and print industry.

Good Luck