Tangalooma

Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Tangalooma

Anyone been to Tangalooma Resort on Moreton Island. Not sure whether to go for a few days or on one of the extended day trips. Kids want to feed the dolphins but that is possible on a day trip.
Amanda
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tangalooma

Originally Posted by mand8002
Anyone been to Tangalooma Resort on Moreton Island. Not sure whether to go for a few days or on one of the extended day trips. Kids want to feed the dolphins but that is possible on a day trip.
Amanda
Went for the day when in Oz in 92. Had a great day, its a lovely place.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Amanda
Hi we hired a villa privately on Moreton Island/Tangalooma via friends. We had 3 nights self catering for $295 plus we hired a 4WD (you definately need this to get around). We got across by the MI cat $95. We all had a fab time despite the weather (bit wet and wild)! If you need details of villa PM me! Annie
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Went for the day when in Oz in 92. Had a great day, its a lovely place.
Did you get to feed the dolphins, it sounds really good.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Amanda
Just remembered, you can only feed the dolphins if you stay at the Tangalooma resort itself via the holiday company. You can take the kids down to the pier/feeding platform and they can watch in the evening. There's a good dolphin education place for the kids and they can go quad biking on the beach. Would definately recommend 3 days to get around the place and see the sites. We went in August and it was cold (well, 17 degrees) and really windy! You need to take your own food as the shop and restaurant were really expensive. If you go to photopost I have some snaps on there on the place!
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
Just remembered, you can only feed the dolphins if you stay at the Tangalooma resort itself via the holiday company. You can take the kids down to the pier/feeding platform and they can watch in the evening. There's a good dolphin education place for the kids and they can go quad biking on the beach. Would definately recommend 3 days to get around the place and see the sites. We went in August and it was cold (well, 17 degrees) and really windy! You need to take your own food as the shop and restaurant were really expensive. If you go to photopost I have some snaps on there on the place!
Sorry Amanda, just checked photopost and I've deleted the Tangalooma ones! Our kids have a website tho with some on there (I think)

www.ozzie-adventures.com
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
Sorry Amanda, just checked photopost and I've deleted the Tangalooma ones! Our kids have a website tho with some on there (I think)

www.ozzie-adventures.com
Just tried to access the website and it says it is unavailable unfortunately. Thanks for the info though, looks like we will be staying at the resort, and not going for a day trip. The kids also fancy the sand boarding there.
Amanda
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just tried to access the website and it says it is unavailable unfortunately. Thanks for the info though, looks like we will be staying at the resort, and not going for a day trip. The kids also fancy the sand boarding there.
Amanda
Have sent you a PM with details and web sites X
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Amanda

Have been twice, would recommend an overnight stay, not sure you would need much more time there.

Remember to cost in the ferrycat crossing, both times I stayed there I booked through www.wotif.com.au
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by S****oBris
Have been twice, would recommend an overnight stay, not sure you would need much more time there.

Remember to cost in the ferrycat crossing, both times I stayed there I booked through www.wotif.com.au
Thanks for that, I will check that site out.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

We stayed the night too. We fed the dolphins, which was great (got the photo to prove it!). Take a lovely walk all the way along the beach to the wrecks. Lovely snorkelling there, but be warned re. the current, it's quite strong, so although I thought I was swimming in a straight line out to the middle of the wreck, I soooo wasn't, and was actually at the end of it!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about

Heheheh Logan

That is exactly what happened to me .

I swam back to the beach about 1/2 mile from where the mrs was waiting for me .

But Tangalooma was the one of the best trips I've taken , it was a great experience .
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:19 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

The sand tobogganing is something else....brilliant, but beware we were washing VERY fine sand out from all sorts of places days later!!!!!!

The trip to the sand hills is fantastic as well.....thier very own roller coaster ride!!

My day trip including feeding was $140 (xmas 2003) i think the ferry docked at about 22:30 but the ferry people booked us a taxi

Have a wonderful time
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brisbec
The sand tobogganing is something else....brilliant, but beware we were washing VERY fine sand out from all sorts of places days later!!!!!!

The trip to the sand hills is fantastic as well.....thier very own roller coaster ride!!

My day trip including feeding was $140 (xmas 2003) i think the ferry docked at about 22:30 but the ferry people booked us a taxi

Have a wonderful time
It all sounds fab. We are hoping to go in September holiday so I suppose I had better book it cos I can imagine it being rather busy then.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:12 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

i actually went at the beginning of the aus school hols it was busy not not stifling.

i booked on the thursday for the monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.