Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tales of the huntsman...

Wikiposts

Tales of the huntsman...

Old May 12th 2004, 6:57 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tales of the huntsman...

There are a lot of arachnophobes out there (me included) that dread the thought of a close encounter of a hairy kind. I can just picture myself being completly paranoid and checking everything (in, out, under, visor in car etc etc), so what's it like with the furry little critters, are they in abundance, or rarely seen?

Do you have a huntsman tale to share?
Old May 12th 2004, 7:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tales of the huntsman...

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
There are a lot of arachnophobes out there (me included) that dread the thought of a close encounter of a hairy kind. I can just picture myself being completly paranoid and checking everything (in, out, under, visor in car etc etc), so what's it like with the furry little critters, are they in abundance, or rarely seen?

Weve only had 4 in the house in 5 years but my Mrs has had two drop on her inside her car, luckily both times she was in the driveway & not doing 100Ks along the freeway. Weve since cut down the bushes from neighbours house which overhung our driveway & had no problems. And yes she did freak out when a huge furry spider dropped into her lap.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:21 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

loadsa huntsman in Brissy, even the baby ones are good little jumpers !!!
Attached Thumbnails Tales of the huntsman...-huntsmanmale.jpg  
Old May 12th 2004, 7:23 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

check out our spider picture forum here

http://pub205.ezboard.com/fbrisbaneb...picID=32.topic
Old May 12th 2004, 7:26 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

For pity sake, warn a girl next time before posting something so hideous! I nearly had a pink fit seeing those boogly eyes looking at me.

This got me thinking, how on earth do you kill them? (TEE HEE!)

DD
Old May 12th 2004, 7:32 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

For pity sake, warn a girl next time before posting something so hideous! I nearly had a pink fit seeing those boogly eyes looking at me.

DD

Spray them with hairspray, then when it hardens & they can't move pick them up & throw them out.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:34 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

DD
Stamp on them - or get some spray, zapsss all those creepy crawlies pretty damn quickly. Or, just leave them to go about the merry little way
Old May 12th 2004, 7:34 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Bordy
Spray them with hairspray, then when it hardens & they can't move pick them up & throw them out.

SILVIKRIN is best, it firms the buggers up whilst, giving good hold and body, for the whole day !!!
Old May 12th 2004, 7:44 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Goddamned poms, messing with our huntsmen! Leave them cockroach killers alone!
Old May 12th 2004, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

:scared: Timber floor AU, guess u shud have minimised the picture to the smallest size and posted it, sure got the jitters looking at the size.
Old May 12th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

DD
You spray them with fly spray which makes them jump off the wall and run towards you. Than while they are running towards you you whack the hell out of them with a fly swatter..... works every time.

Old May 12th 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Goddamned poms, messing with our huntsmen! Leave them cockroach killers alone!
Here here... the choice is yours - huntmen or cockies?
Old May 12th 2004, 8:56 pm
o_0

My vote is for the huntsman!
Old May 12th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I vote huntsman, but can't guarantee I won't do a girlie scream when I see one :scared:
Old May 12th 2004, 9:33 pm
o_0

Nothing like waking up and seeing eight long and thin hairy legs camped on the wall above you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.