Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking your dog to oz

Taking your dog to oz

Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:27 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Taking your dog to oz

We used Golden Arrow in Shropshire back in 2008 cost us 1700 pounds for a Staffie. Couldn't fault their service or how she was looked after in Spotswood. Sadly she passed away 4 weeks ago
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:47 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TessD
We are also using Pet Air's Gold service to transport our 4 dogs and 2 cats in August this year. Our quote is just shy of £10k, a lot of money but very reasonable compared to some other companies.
I'm sure it's something you've thought about but have you checked that your destination council will allow you to have so many dogs?
Old Feb 20th 2013, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

leapip is an unknown quantity at this point

All you animal lovers.. It's good to see you can't live without them.... Thanks for all the advice.. It's v good...
Old Feb 20th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

WE flew our much loved lab from UK, had to fly him UK to Sydney to do quarantine, then from Sydney to Perth.

Firstly when we picked him up from Perth he was straight off the plane, and it was clear that the flight had not stressed him at all.

Secondly he was in really good condition, and had been looked after really well.

But most of all if I were to do it all again, Im not sure that I would bring him. We live in Perth, and the heat is a problem for him. We had a couple of people who were keen to take him off our hands in the UK, all were excellent dog owners. I think that he had a better life in the UK, he loves cold wet weather.

So I would say, maybe its not just about you not being able to part with him, consider if you could get him a really good home, would it be better for him if he stays in UK.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I'm sure it's something you've thought about but have you checked that your destination council will allow you to have so many dogs?

That's a really good point. I'm sure in Darwin you were only allowed 2 dogs unless you were a registered breeder, and my local council here in Melbourne (Banyule) only allows 2 dogs. You need to apply for a permit if you want to keep more x

Worth checking out x

Last edited by Jilliebee; Feb 20th 2013 at 10:18 am.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

TessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really niceTessD is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Hi Dreamy,

Yes, we've checked out a few of the councils to see what their animal policy is, particularly with cats. My two moggies have become accustomed to staying indoors now so hopefully they will be happy with just a cat run once we move over. I know that a lot of councils have a two dog maximum policy and some of them also require a visit from an inspector if they allow more than two dogs to be kept at an address. We still haven't decided which town or city we will move to near Melbourne, or which side of the bay even. It's home for me so I'm fairly relaxed as to where we end up as long as the mogs and dogs are happy.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:34 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

We used PetAir for our Dog.....they were fantastic!!! Couldn't have come without my youngest child! LOL! Ems x