Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking white appliances to NZ

Taking white appliances to NZ

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Janero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking white appliances to NZ

To those of you who have moved to NZ and took any of your kitchen appliances with you - could you please tell me how did your white appliances fare? Did you have to replace them anyway? And would you advise to take such large items in the first place? Thank you!
Old Apr 24th 2003, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll find whiteware travels very well to NZ - when you consider that a large number of frudges (kiwi pronunciation) are manufactured in places like Singapore & then shipped by the thousand to the UK/Europe/Oz in containers. So an extra journey to NZ won't do it any harm.

Just be aware that it may be difficult or impossible to get parts for brands not sold in NZ (I've yet to see a Bosch washing machine or fridge out here yet) but if you've got room in the container, I would bring it anyway - if you get a couple of years use out of it in NZ, it will save you forking out for a new one for a few years!

all the best

Russ