Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking the vaccum cleaner?

Taking the vaccum cleaner?

Old May 3rd 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Taking the vaccum cleaner?

Can we take them? We have a dyson and as long as we give it a good clean will it be ok to take?

Mandy
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Scrawni

Yes we are taking ours - as long as you give it a really good clean - all the removal companies said it was OK. I am going to replace the brushes ets before we go - that way it is less to clean!!!!

cheers

pockygoes
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:42 pm
ceinwen

Yes our shipper said we could take our Dyson too .Im not taking ours though its already had 2 replacement heads and this one is cracking now ,as we are renting our house here Ill leave it for the tennents to break

Old May 3rd 2004, 11:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I steam cleaned ours before we came and it WAS checked by customs. So just make sure its spotless and you should be fine:lecture:
Old May 3rd 2004, 11:52 pm
rudo1ph

Wouldn't have left my Dyson behind!!!! In fact, when they packed I had a 20ft container and and overspill which they said would arrive at a later date.......they were going to put the Dyson in that......in the end it was put in right at the back of the container.....last thing in - first thing out

Old May 3rd 2004, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

You gota take the Dyson... We did and had no problems.
Old May 4th 2004, 12:01 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You lot are reminding me that I have to find the bags for the Bosch we brought over.
Old May 4th 2004, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

HAVE to take the Dyson! Forgot to clean mine properly before it was packed away so ended up bringing loads of English dust with me, no problems though....couldn't live without it!
Old May 4th 2004, 12:17 am
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you who have not yet seen the light and got a Dyson, they do sell them here. We have just bought one.

I left our old one to the rellies when we came over, but as soon as i saw them on sale over here i pounced!!
Old May 4th 2004, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

We left our vacuum cleaner in the UK and bought a new one when we got here.

It is 220Watt and the bloody suction is so strong that if I have it on full power I can't lift the head off the floor. Have to have it on the lowest suction. It even lifts the vinyl off the kitchen floor when I get into the corners!!

Of course I have no idea what brand it is, but it was on special and only cost $175.00.

Never saw one in the UK with 220 Watts. Is this normal?

Regards
Old May 4th 2004, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I wonder where the point is that a vacuum stops being useful and becomes a liability. I would imagine you are close with that one.

I remember having an old 286 DX computer with a turbo button...
Old May 4th 2004, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Seems rather strange that people can become so excited about a vacuum cleaner or cyclonic cleaner, whatever it is. I havent seen the light and probably wont. Do you still have to buy those filters for them every couple of weeks or months? And what is the attraction with having to view all the crap you have collected in it, I cant think of anything worse than seeing it all. I can see that you know when its full, but does it really have to be on view?
Old May 4th 2004, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Never brought a new filter in 4 years just clean it out.

The perspex view is good as you can see the dirt in there rather than on the floor!
Old May 4th 2004, 2:20 am
rudo1ph

Originally posted by migrantoz
Seems rather strange that people can become so excited about a vacuum cleaner or cyclonic cleaner, whatever it is. I havent seen the light and probably wont. Do you still have to buy those filters for them every couple of weeks or months? And what is the attraction with having to view all the crap you have collected in it, I cant think of anything worse than seeing it all. I can see that you know when its full, but does it really have to be on view?

Once you've had a Dyson NOTHING else will do!!!! Had mine for 5 year (or more?!) never replaced the filters etc. It feels very satisfying to know that you've sucked so much dust from you carpets!!! It always amazes me how much there is!! I used to think there muct be a magic dust maker built into the vacuum somewhere

Old May 4th 2004, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Would definitely agree that once you've owned a Dyson no other vacuum cleaner will do!

Good to hear they're available in Aus now - thanks for that info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.