Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking UK phones etc

Taking UK phones etc

Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Taking UK phones etc

Hi,

I already know about the problems with moving to Queensland and daring to fiddle about with UK plugs to make them Oz compatible. I plan to surmount this problem with the cunning plan suggested by other BE members i.e. using a multi plug extension lead and using just one travel plug

HOWEVER, and here is where I sound really stupid, we have 3 fairly new home phones. The type where one is plugged into a phone socket in the wall and the mains, the other two are just plugged to the mains. All three lift out of the bases to be used. Don't know the proper name for them.

I was wondering if I will be able to use them in Oz? Are their phone sockets the same as those in the UK?

Getting really excited about the move now. We are going to the Manchester Expo on Saturday to meet prospective employer and get some general info. Hopefully full interview and visa application will follow the next week. Then it's down to lots of wine and chewing of fingernails till we get the full OK!

The kids have been sorting the spare room and we already have quite a pile for a car boot sale. Really looking forward to a fresh start, getting rid of all our old crap and, of course, lots of shopping at the other end for some new stuff.

Thanks,
Ren
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taking UK phones etc

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi,

I already know about the problems with moving to Queensland and daring to fiddle about with UK plugs to make them Oz compatible. I plan to surmount this problem with the cunning plan suggested by other BE members i.e. using a multi plug extension lead and using just one travel plug

HOWEVER, and here is where I sound really stupid, we have 3 fairly new home phones. The type where one is plugged into a phone socket in the wall and the mains, the other two are just plugged to the mains. All three lift out of the bases to be used. Don't know the proper name for them.

I was wondering if I will be able to use them in Oz? Are their phone sockets the same as those in the UK?

Getting really excited about the move now. We are going to the Manchester Expo on Saturday to meet prospective employer and get some general info. Hopefully full interview and visa application will follow the next week. Then it's down to lots of wine and chewing of fingernails till we get the full OK!

The kids have been sorting the spare room and we already have quite a pile for a car boot sale. Really looking forward to a fresh start, getting rid of all our old crap and, of course, lots of shopping at the other end for some new stuff.

Thanks,
Ren
I honestly don't know the answer to this but why don't you try posting your question in the Australia forum. You'll have more luck getting an answer in there.

Trish
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking UK phones etc

Thanks,

Will do.