Taking a tractor mower

Taking a tractor mower

Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking a tractor mower

Hi all yes I am back on the forum.

Has anyone taken or is anyone taking a tractor mower to Oz?
If so, can it be taken along with other household items for removal?
If not with other items, how much is it likely to cost?

Thanks
Tony
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:38 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I would'nt know......However, i do know they can have pretty good resale value.

What about flogging it and buying another one out there. You might end up not even needing it. Also.....make sure you can get spares over there. What make is it?
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
I would'nt know......However, i do know they can have pretty good resale value.

What about flogging it and buying another one out there. You might end up not even needing it. Also.....make sure you can get spares over there. What make is it?

You know what its like when you are selling up and going.
People want to buy your stuff but want it for next to nothing.
I have read here that mowers are very expensive in Oz. It cost us about £1700, 2 years ago and we would be lucky to get £500 at short notice.
As for parts. Its an American make (not sure of the brand name).
The parts are hard to come by here, had some work done on it recently and had to send to America for the parts. Could do that from Oz no doubt.

Tony
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:59 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Can you take lawnmowers, hedge trimers etc that have been used or do they have to be new.
Many Thanks
ACE
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:40 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by crabtree
You know what its like when you are selling up and going.
People want to buy your stuff but want it for next to nothing.
I have read here that mowers are very expensive in Oz. It cost us about £1700, 2 years ago and we would be lucky to get £500 at short notice.
As for parts. Its an American make (not sure of the brand name).
The parts are hard to come by here, had some work done on it recently and had to send to America for the parts. Could do that from Oz no doubt.

Tony
Tony,
My dad's been out pricing up ride on tractor mowers here and in Aus as he was told they were a lot more expensive there. When he comes back from wherever I'll get him to post some details. He sold his with the house as a sweetner as the couple didn't like the idea of an acre of grass.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ACE
Can you take lawnmowers, hedge trimers etc that have been used or do they have to be new.
Many Thanks
ACE
You can take any thing you like including ride ons just make sure they are clean ,or AQIS will clean them at your expense....... MM www.affa.gov.au