Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

taking the tortoise?

taking the tortoise?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taking the tortoise?

Has anyone taken their tortiose to Oz? We've had ours since my dad was 5 and there's no way I want to leave him behind. Any ideas on price?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:32 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking the tortoise?

ummm is this one of those wind ups ??

sorry if it aint
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

No seriously, its not a wind up. Dad found him when he was 5 and we've had him ever since. I really want to take him with us - plus he'll love the sunshine

He's called Mr Nibbles lol
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:53 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
No seriously, its not a wind up. Dad found him when he was 5 and we've had him ever since. I really want to take him with us - plus he'll love the sunshine

He's called Mr Nibbles lol
how do you know he's a he?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

That's a fair question, no idea! He kinda looks like a guy though - plus he can be quite agressive - tortoise on a rampage, not a pretty sight
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

this may be a bit of a daft reply, but tortoises hibernate, so if you were to pack him up properly you may be able to ship him with all your stuff..

sorry if that sounds daft...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

That's not a bad idea, although I can't find any info on whether they are actually allowed into the country - I wouldn't want to get arrested for tortoise smuggling!

I've mailed one of those pet carrier agencies to ask for a quote - we've also got two jack russells so I think it's gonna be pretty expensive.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:19 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

?????

http://www.turtlehomes.org/usa/shipping.shtml

just had a quick search and found this....dont know what its like didnt have a good read but may help ??????
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmakc1977
Has anyone taken their tortiose to Oz? We've had ours since my dad was 5 and there's no way I want to leave him behind. Any ideas on price?
You can't bring him, the import of reptiles isn't allowed, sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 26th 2007 at 9:35 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:37 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Well on that note...screw it!!! go for the smuggle of the incredible Mr Nibbles!!

W.V.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

I can see the stories of Mr Smuggles ( nibbles) being closely followed - theres a book in here somewhere
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:14 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by welshviking
Well on that note...screw it!!! go for the smuggle of the incredible Mr Nibbles!!

W.V.
would make an unusual hat perhaps?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Hand Luggage ?

( my 9 yr old wanted to take the Guinea Pigs this way)
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:00 am
pink 'n' bouncy

tortoise curry perhaps ??? I hear its very tasty , at least he would be going with you in one way ..... sort of
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:16 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
would make an unusual hat perhaps?

You could pretend he's a 1st World War helmet!?!?!

W.V.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.