Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking snakes to Oz?

Taking snakes to Oz?

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

tailz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking snakes to Oz?

My family and I are soon to move to Brisbane and I would like to know if anyone can tell me if there would be any problems taking our 2 pet corn snakes with us?

We have had them for a couple of years and would hate to have to sell them.

Also if anyone is in Brisbane and we can take them, are there many repltile pet shops where we would be able to buy frozen mice to feed the snakes?

Thanks for your time..

Tony
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 5:57 pm
WBB

Default Re: Taking snakes to Oz?

Originally posted by tailz
My family and I are soon to move to Brisbane and I would like to know if anyone can tell me if there would be any problems taking our 2 pet corn snakes with us?

Also if anyone is in Brisbane and we can take them, are there many repltile pet shops where we would be able to buy frozen mice to feed the snakes?

Thanks for your time..

Tony
i would of thought the snakes would be a no no, but i may be wrong.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Why would you want to take them- just pick up a couple from your local park when you get there
Sorry couldn't resist!!
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
we have snakes too & am pretty certain that you can't take them.

I would have thought that the cost would be prohibitive anyway - corns only cost £10 - £20 & would certainly cost a hell of a lot more to take over!!!

Hazel
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 12:24 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Taking snakes to Oz?

Originally posted by tailz

Thanks for your time..

Tony
Don't know about bringing your snakes with you, you are going to have to check that one out with the importation laws http://www.aqis.gov.au/animex/asp/home.asp

As for your other question I can answer... yes. There's a big pet shop here in Brisbane called Pet City they sell dead frozen Mice and chicks for snakes. I can also tell you that you need a licence here to keep reptiles and snakes.. which isn't a prob you just apply for one..

Cheers