taking a risk

Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:54 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default taking a risk

I was just wondering if anyone out there has sold their house before getting a visa.
we are awaiting a case officer at the mo and have applied for 136.
selling up would be a risk I know, but I was wondering if anyone has had the guts to do it
any feedback would be great
bec
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:01 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking a risk

hi egghead

we waited till we got our visa
we are now regretting it as its 18 mths on and we still havent sold it

the market is slow at the moment so dont make the mistakes we made

put it u asap

good luck with yr visa and yr house sale

jan xx
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by egghead4
I was just wondering if anyone out there has sold their house before getting a visa.
we are awaiting a case officer at the mo and have applied for 136.
selling up would be a risk I know, but I was wondering if anyone has had the guts to do it
any feedback would be great
bec
We did. We put it on the market on 28th of Feb cause of hearing about everyone elses problems and sold it within 2 weeks. Completed on 4th May and moved into rental.

We didn't even send our ACS paperwork until July.

Best decision ever as we're saving more each month by renting and not worried about outcome of visa app - it will happen.

Trish
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light4Reids is a glorious beacon of light

I wish we had. Now on our 3rd buyer and desperate to go to Oz. I'd recommend it. At least if you're in a rental you're pretty much ready to go.

Tasha x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:07 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

we hae just sold ours, still waiting for anmc skills asssessment which hopefully we will get soon then apply for 136. We are moving into rented and will be able to save a small fortune every month x
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:09 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thanks for the replies
it just makes you wonder what to do for the best. This house has taken a long time to get and its just such a wonderful house that if we sell it and dont get the visa, well we'd be gutted.
BUT, as you have mentioned we could save so much money and live with my parents in the meantime.
Dilema
bec
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there!

We're in the same position, hub has applied for a 136 too. We have sent off our visa application (29th May they received it) and are now waiting for our number and case officer to send our meds to. (We are sending the meds as soon as we have the number.)

Anyhooo, the house issue is one that has caused a few arguments recently here! We are planning to put in on the market at the end of this month (not long now eeeek! ) and then rent until we go.

I am scared about the market going down (although we won't make much anyway) and leaving the house selling too late in the year to get enough interest or a decent price.

Sparky hub is thinking sods law, once we sell the house, Aus will fall through, either failing meds (I hope not :curse: ) or something else. All I can think is <GOTTA SELL HOUSE> .

TBH the last month has been a bit difficult in that things are finally hitting home with family and the discussions about the future are getting more relevent...

Where are you to in the process?

Also, you aren't a million miles away from us either

So, yes I have the guts, but are we doing the right thing? (Have posted on this before somewhere I think)

Sparky wife
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry! You put where you are in the process!!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:23 pm
egghead4+becky

hi sparky
where are you then?

the thing is, we have a buyer for our house as friends really want it, but their house is sold and so they have put an offer on another house (which has been accepted)
you know what it is like; we dont know when or if we will get the bloody visa and we didnt think it was right to ask our friends to wait. however, they are still willing to buy our house, so we would only need to tell them its theirs.
dont know what to do
bec
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi!

That's really positive about your friends, but I can really understand your dilemma. If things go wrong, things can get difficult if friends or family are involved. That's the thing; no-one knows when the visa will arrive or if it will even be granted which is soooooo frustrating . Does anyone know where I could find out?

We've done quite a bit to our place and it was our first "mortgage" home (renting for four years before), so really gets the emotions going with the thought of leaving ! Plus we have pets to rehome which is I suppose another reason we are dreading putting the house on the market.

We're in the Rhondda Valley
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Hi we have sold and not yet got the visa, thought it would take a while to sell but sold quite quick, we are moving on 14 Sept into a small 2 bed rental, most of our furniture will go into rented, as the rent is cheaper than the mortgage we hope to try and save a bit of money. Bit of a gamble but hope that it pays off.

Nicky
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Ozzy Fever!

When we move into rental we won't be saving any money...we'll be spending more as our mortgage is fortunately really low. It sounds so messed up as everyone who has posted says that they'll be saving money when renting.

Glad your place sold quickly ...much of the concern is about property and selling it.

Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:06 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I wish we'd sold ours MUCH earlier ... We've got our visas and wanted to leave at the start of August. BUT - house sale fell through 4 days before exchanging contracts (you can read the whole saga on our web site - see link in signature below).

Gina
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi Ozzy Fever!

When we move into rental we won't be saving any money...we'll be spending more as our mortgage is fortunately really low. It sounds so messed up as everyone who has posted says that they'll be saving money when renting.

Glad your place sold quickly ...much of the concern is about property and selling it.

Remember, Sparkywife, you'll be in profit because of the interest you will be earning on that cash in the bank!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Hi Bec, it's difficult what to do
but our house is on the market and we sold it twice buth both times the byuers pulled out:curse:
I would say if you have a buyer, sell it!!
When we sell our house we move in with a relative to save some money as well....
best of luck
Deb
Originally Posted by egghead4

the thing is, we have a buyer for our house as friends really want it, but their house is sold and so they have put an offer on another house (which has been accepted)
you know what it is like; we dont know when or if we will get the bloody visa and we didnt think it was right to ask our friends to wait. however, they are still willing to buy our house, so we would only need to tell them its theirs.
dont know what to do
bec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.