Reload this Page >

Taking my dogs over

Taking my dogs over

Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Anamws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking my dogs over

Hi!

Could anyone advise me about taking my dogs over, I have two German Shephards 4 years old and 1 year old. were quoted around £3,500 for both.

Also was speaking to a friend who said that climate change could affect their life span, will be moving to Brisbane and I am worried that my dogs will be affected drasticly by the hot climate. Anyone experienced taking their dogs over and this occuring, or know of any useful information?

Thanks.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:27 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taking my dogs over

Originally posted by Anamws
Hi!

Could anyone advise me about taking my dogs over, I have two German Shephards 4 years old and 1 year old. were quoted around £3,500 for both.

Also was speaking to a friend who said that climate change could affect their life span, will be moving to Brisbane and I am worried that my dogs will be affected drasticly by the hot climate. Anyone experienced taking their dogs over and this occuring, or know of any useful information?

Thanks.
Seems costly, have you tried Animal Airlines in Manchester - they quoted us £550 for a cat (I know dogs are bigger, but £3500 seems steep). As for the climate, I wouldn't worry - there are more poisonous snakes & spiders in Oz to be concerned about than the effect of heat on their lifespan. Sorry, don't mean to sound insensitive, but it's true - the heat would be the lesser of the 2 evils.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 11:55 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Anamws
Hi!

Thanks.
Hi

Animal Airlines seem to be very good. I am going with Pet TRavel Services as they have a drop off place in Scotland. It is costing us around £1000 for one small Staffordshire Bull Terrier, which seems about average from all the places that have given me quotes. I would expect £3kish should be about right for 2 german Shephards.

Mel
Old Jul 9th 2003, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hi Ana

i've been quoted £1500 for our labrador to perth, the only other cost is his blood tests about£130. We are using airpets at heathrow as they are closest to us and his journey wont be made worse by having a 2 hour drive from the kennells to the airport the day he leaves. i'm not concerned about the heat as he is always sunbathing on a sunny day (he'll probably get cancer!) but i am bothered about poisonous beasties as he likes to chase anything that moves!

Good Luck

lynn
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

The Welsh Wizard & co is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anamws
Hi!

Thanks.

HI, I took my Dobermann bitch to Perth about 7yrs ago,yes it was costly.....between blood tests , having crate made, and paper work it was a bit of a mare. The kennels were 2hrs from us,costly and the flooring was concrete, which was great for her elbows cos she got callouses and sores from it. we visited her a few times b4 she eventually was realeased, but each time I found it distressing 4 us both.She adapted to the heat well (but she was a short coat breed ), and never encounted any "beasties" to worry us.
Im glad I took her but she was young....it may b far 2 much 4 an older one and I for one would question myself if I were to do it again.
Hope your move goes well for you and your k9s !!