Taking my dog

Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

wallabywannabies will become famous soon enoughwallabywannabies will become famous soon enough
Default Taking my dog

Should i take my dog to oz she is 9 year old
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:30 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking my dog

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had to ask myself that question - is your dog not like part of the family!?

Lynn
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:30 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallabywannabies
That's quite a personal choice. I started a thread not too long ago about the quote for taking our 2 year old (Stitch) out, Scotland to Brisbane. Try a search and you might get a few of the answers you seek.

Cheers
Old Aug 14th 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

We have 2 x 10 year old Labradors whos also wannnbe Aussies...so guess what...they are going with us.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

canaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant futurecanaveral has a brilliant future

I will be taking cat and he is 15 years old. I do worry about him being in quaratine for a month. That seems the worst bit. i just could not think of leaving him behind though.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had to ask myself that question - is your dog not like part of the family!?

Lynn
We are taking our 2 Jack Russel's. Not taking them would be like leaving your kids behind .We are using animal airlines, reasonable price and you can phone em anytime for advise and they seem very caring
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:38 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I can't believe you are actually asking It was never in doubt with our two
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

A difficult choice for many of us. Have a 9-year old standard poodle. He worships my son who's staying here, but will miss my daughter and myself. So still undecided...

A colleague who moved to in Adelaide in April decided not to bring his beloved Persian cats, because when he was out there before he moved on business, hea had spoken to lots of Brits/Europeans that had brought their cats and none had lasted more than 6 months. Apparently they pick up viruses that they aren't immune to and fight with snakes. The other comment he made was that the Aussies aren't as soppy about pets as we are here, and tend not to bother if they run over a cat. I'd be distraught, went driving round for 4 miles the other day looking for a bird that flew into my windscreen.

Anyways, good luck with your decision.

Claire
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

There is no choice to make in my mind.

To leave an animal, no matter how old, who has only ever known me as his "pack" would be more distressing in my mind to the 28 days of quarantine and mere money. If I wanted to save money getting a dog in the first place was probably not the way to go

A dogs not just for Christmas, its for emigration too! I made a promise to our Dobie when we first got him. No matter what I'll see that through until the end of his days or mine.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:09 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
There is no choice to make in my mind.

To leave an animal, no matter how old, who has only ever known me as his "pack" would be more distressing in my mind to the 28 days of quarantine and mere money. If I wanted to save money getting a dog in the first place was probably not the way to go

A dogs not just for Christmas, its for emigration too! I made a promise to our Dobie when we first got him. No matter what I'll see that through until the end of his days or mine.
Beautifully said! karma sent!

Lynn
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
A dogs not just for Christmas, its for emigration too!
I like that! ...

I said all along if 1) the kids didn't wanna go, we wouldn't, and if the dog couldn't go (wasn't sure if breed was banned in Oz to start!) then we wouldn't go!

I soon learned the breed was ok, and after going there, I see MANY a Staffy out walking with owner ...

He loves the sun, so HAS to come!

Max is 'our baby' and we REALLY couldn't leave him behind!

I know the flight will be hard, but the general consensus is the dogs fall asleep most of the time cos of the humming from the plane and sheer boredom, and ok, quarantine will be hard, but we have just had a trial run with him in kennels for 3 weeks and he returned fine! ..... not a single prob! ... Ok, he lost some weight, but he's quite a hyper dog (in the breed) and they said he was just a typical Staffy!

I'm under the impression it's gonna cost £2.500 - £3,000 to take him, but to be honest I'm not gonna even check till we need too! ..... price is immaterial really!
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:00 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
I like that! ...

I said all along if 1) the kids didn't wanna go, we wouldn't, and if the dog couldn't go (wasn't sure if breed was banned in Oz to start!) then we wouldn't go!

I soon learned the breed was ok, and after going there, I see MANY a Staffy out walking with owner ...

He loves the sun, so HAS to come!

Max is 'our baby' and we REALLY couldn't leave him behind!

I know the flight will be hard, but the general consensus is the dogs fall asleep most of the time cos of the humming from the plane and sheer boredom, and ok, quarantine will be hard, but we have just had a trial run with him in kennels for 3 weeks and he returned fine! ..... not a single prob! ... Ok, he lost some weight, but he's quite a hyper dog (in the breed) and they said he was just a typical Staffy!

I'm under the impression it's gonna cost £2.500 - £3,000 to take him, but to be honest I'm not gonna even check till we need too! ..... price is immaterial really!
Gday

Its not that your dog may like the Sun, dont forget what comes wit it.

Incidentally, we are dog breeders and spent over 25k getting our dogs here, there are serious factors involved:

1. with the sun comes HEAT, dependant on where you are going, it can be mid 40s in th summer.
2. with the HEAT comes Humidity, and with humidity comes 3 nasties, mosquitos, flies and ticks.
3. in Australia well Qld, all dogs must be heartwormed, and vet bills albeit marginally cheaper than Uk, do mount up.
4. if you are gonna rent, some landlords will not allow dogs and cats.
5. if you have 2 or more pets, some councils will not allow more than 1 pet per family, in certain suburbs.
6. we found quarantine in sydney to be awesome, and very helpful, however be prepared for some unexpected but reliable bills, for after care of your pet whilst in q/teen.

What we did, as we had 4 dogs, was to put the dogs thru the obligatory 30 day q/teen, and then book them into a pet motel, locally. This gave us time to find a property with suitable lisensing for our mutts.

All properties must be fully dog proof fenced, and all dogs must be registered and wear their registration tags at all times. Make sure your dog is microchipped.
Any stray dog found on the street, will incur a large fine from the council at bst, desexing at worst and a slap on the wrist and a restraining order is possible.

Australia is a land of animal lovers, but consider this, we ar registered for 4 dogs and we are on a 5 acre block, in the middle of nowhere. I have worked in suburbs where people have 3 horses in their front yard, and its all perfectly legal.

I would say that at times, dog owners especially get a bum deal.

Ozzy
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Gday

Its not that your dog may like the Sun, dont forget what comes wit it.

Incidentally, we are dog breeders and spent over 25k getting our dogs here, there are serious factors involved:

1. with the sun comes HEAT, dependant on where you are going, it can be mid 40s in th summer.
2. with the HEAT comes Humidity, and with humidity comes 3 nasties, mosquitos, flies and ticks.
3. in Australia well Qld, all dogs must be heartwormed, and vet bills albeit marginally cheaper than Uk, do mount up.
4. if you are gonna rent, some landlords will not allow dogs and cats.
5. if you have 2 or more pets, some councils will not allow more than 1 pet per family, in certain suburbs.
6. we found quarantine in sydney to be awesome, and very helpful, however be prepared for some unexpected but reliable bills, for after care of your pet whilst in q/teen.

What we did, as we had 4 dogs, was to put the dogs thru the obligatory 30 day q/teen, and then book them into a pet motel, locally. This gave us time to find a property with suitable lisensing for our mutts.

All properties must be fully dog proof fenced, and all dogs must be registered and wear their registration tags at all times. Make sure your dog is microchipped.
Any stray dog found on the street, will incur a large fine from the council at bst, desexing at worst and a slap on the wrist and a restraining order is possible.

Australia is a land of animal lovers, but consider this, we ar registered for 4 dogs and we are on a 5 acre block, in the middle of nowhere. I have worked in suburbs where people have 3 horses in their front yard, and its all perfectly legal.

I would say that at times, dog owners especially get a bum deal.

Ozzy
hi, and VERY good points!

Yeah I'm aware of most things you say, and I've recently heard a real horror story about someone who's dog got a tic infection (think it's a tic, the one you have to treat your dog for regularly!) and died on the same day! ... :scared:

The heat IS an issue, and I'm sure I'll suffer in the peak of Summer let alone him, but our house will be air conditioned, and we'll make shade for him if there isn't any in the garden.

We plan to buy at least a 900 metre block so he'll have more room to run around than he currently does.

Part of the reason we're buying is because we're aware finding rentals will be hard with a dog!

Max is Microchipped, and we're good with his worming and jabs when it comes to them, always on time! ...
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:19 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
hi, and VERY good points!

Yeah I'm aware of most things you say, and I've recently heard a real horror story about someone who's dog got a tic infection (think it's a tic, the one you have to treat your dog for regularly!) and died on the same day! ... :scared:

The heat IS an issue, and I'm sure I'll suffer in the peak of Summer let alone him, but our house will be air conditioned, and we'll make shade for him if there isn't any in the garden.

We plan to buy at least a 900 metre block so he'll have more room to run around than he currently does.

Part of the reason we're buying is because we're aware finding rentals will be hard with a dog!

Max is Microchipped, and we're good with his worming and jabs when it comes to them, always on time! ...

Good onya mate

where are you planning on moving to?

incidenatlly, I work in peoples houses every day, and can honestly say I have never seen a dog in a persons house lol

<<can do you a deal on the Air Cons but lol
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Good onya mate

where are you planning on moving to?

incidenatlly, I work in peoples houses every day, and can honestly say I have never seen a dog in a persons house lol

<<can do you a deal on the Air Cons but lol
We're off to The Gold Coast area hopefully, just gotta sell a house now ... :scared:

Yeah I hear a lot of ppl have 'outdoor' dogs, but I like to think we'll arrange some kind of Dog Flap as he's not too big! ...

Deal on Air Con ??? ..... tell me more! ....lol

Oh and this I see a lot of in Oz recently. What do you make of this?

Didn't look too safe to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.