Reload this Page >

taking money into Australia

taking money into Australia

Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

jakeysdk365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taking money into Australia

Hi, can anyone help??

I am hopefully migrating to Australia in January, dependant on my visa coming through and am planning to take about $100K with me.

Can anyone let me know if I will be taxed on this when I take it into the country. If so how much tax should I expect to pay and are there any ways of not paying tax?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:16 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking money into Australia

Originally posted by jakeysdk365
Hi, can anyone help??

I am hopefully migrating to Australia in January, dependant on my visa coming through and am planning to take about $100K with me.
Sean
As I understand it you have 1 year to transfer in funds from abroad. After that point it becomes taxable

Who are you using to do the exchange and what rate have you been quoted. I see its up to $2.456 today