Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking the medical kit over to OZ

Taking the medical kit over to OZ

Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of
Default Taking the medical kit over to OZ

My wife would like to take over our medical kit over to OZ.

Now I know how strict they are at the airport with food and medicine and I dont want to get stuck there over a few medicines.

Is there somewhere where I can check what medicines one can bring over to OZ?

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking the medical kit over to OZ

Originally Posted by B1K3R
My wife would like to take over our medical kit over to OZ.

Now I know how strict they are at the airport with food and medicine and I dont want to get stuck there over a few medicines.

Is there somewhere where I can check what medicines one can bring over to OZ?

Cheers
B!K3R
What medical kit? Is she a doctor or are you talking about your first aid kit or is it your regular medications?

AQIS is where you check what you cannot bring www.aqis.gov.au
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What medical kit? Is she a doctor or are you talking about your first aid kit or is it your regular medications?

AQIS is where you check what you cannot bring www.aqis.gov.au

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks and sorry if my post was not clear.

I was talking about the first aid kit PLUS the regular medications (for colds, pains, burns, medicine to sleep etc).

I'll have a look at the website you posted.

Thanks!
B!K3R
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't be a problem but you'd be best keep it in your suitcase, not cabin luggage. Probably do away with open tubes/packets though.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Shouldn't be a problem but you'd be best keep it in your suitcase, not cabin luggage. Probably do away with open tubes/packets though.
And don't fly through Dubai?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't you here yet
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you moneypenny20, I#ll keep that in mind

Originally Posted by fish.01
And don't fly through Dubai?
YES! We fly through Dubai Will they cut both my hands?

Originally Posted by freebo
Aren't you here yet
Hehehe. I wish mate! We fly on 5th January. It's freezing cold this week.

Have just sold the car yesterday and finalized the remaining stuff. It's all set now

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I passed through Dubai with paracetemol. Wouldn't recommend it but I honestly forgot they were there, as did at least half the other passengers who were offering them to me when I had a migraine between there and Brunei, and that included the cabin crew.

Oh and Biker, when you get here and need more plasters, don't say plasters, I've yet to meet any Australian who knows what I'm talking about. They call them Band Aids. I don't.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B1K3R
YES! We fly through Dubai Will they cut both my hands?
You haven't heard how strict they are on medicines?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I passed through Dubai with paracetemol. Wouldn't recommend it but I honestly forgot they were there, as did at least half the other passengers who were offering them to me when I had a migraine between there and Brunei, and that included the cabin crew.

Oh and Biker, when you get here and need more plasters, don't say plasters, I've yet to meet any Australian who knows what I'm talking about. They call them Band Aids. I don't.

I asked out safety officer for a plaster a few weeks ago, and he had no idea what I was talking about. So I went to the first aid box and pulled out a box of them, and the pack said 'plasters' on. When I showed him the box and said 'look it say's plasters on the box!' he said well that's because they're English!!

I said, well excuse me, but so am I
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

It's really just tablets containing codeine, such as panadeine, I haven't had any problem with straight paracetemol, antihystamines etc, it's been fine. You can't buy anything in the UAE containing codeine as it's a banned substance there.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
It's really just tablets containing codeine, such as panadeine, I haven't had any problem with straight paracetemol, antihystamines etc, it's been fine. You can't buy anything in the UAE containing codeine as it's a banned substance there.
Do you have any "local" information on that poppy seed bun bought at heathrow story? Is it true?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

No, probably made bigger news overseas than in Dubai. I did however buy some rolls in Park-n-shop with poppy seeds on them. The kids and I couldn't believe our luck.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
So long as its in your hold luggage and youre only chAnging planes not stopping over AND you have a prescription youll be good with pretty much everything... You can buy panadeine (9 - 10 oof codeine to 500 of paracetamol) here but panadeine forte (co codamol) is NOT the same animal... (30/500) and is only available on px...

Struggled with panadeine forte since my uk supply ran out but have had to move on to tramadol SR .... With good effect
Old Dec 17th 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually, I didn't know that they are refered to as plasters But I'm not British nyself anyway. We call them band aids here Good to know though.

Not really mate. I better check about this or just convince my wife they she be in for trouble!

Cheers
B!K3R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.