Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking dogs with you

Taking dogs with you

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

d020775 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking dogs with you

has anyone taken their dogs with them and done the paperwork themselves?

or is it just easier to go through an agent?

Thanks

dave
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:05 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking dogs with you

The Paperwork is easy...

AQIS explains it all...

Eastern Creek always has space, although check with them first... The other 2 can be busy so need booking well in advance...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:08 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by d020775
My better half did all the paper work for our 2. It wasn't too taxing.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Hello Everyone, I wonder if anyone can give me an estimate on how much it costs to transport a dog?
I would really love to bring our pet puppy (Jess) from Ireland to Oz but my partner doesn't think it would be fair to her. This is because we are not fully sure how long we are gonna stay in Oz and if/when we come back Jess would have to go into quarantine for 6 months(which seems very long time for our little dog)!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Hello Everyone, I wonder if anyone can give me an estimate on how much it costs to transport a dog?
I would really love to bring our pet puppy (Jess) from Ireland to Oz but my partner doesn't think it would be fair to her. This is because we are not fully sure how long we are gonna stay in Oz and if/when we come back Jess would have to go into quarantine for 6 months(which seems very long time for our little dog)!
We paid 2,250 pounds for 2 staffies... on top of that you've got the quarantine fees... For the UK if you do the rabies vaccination stuff then you don't have to do the 6 months on the way back... not sure what the regs are for Ireland...
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DrWho
We paid 2,250 pounds for 2 staffies... on top of that you've got the quarantine fees... For the UK if you do the rabies vaccination stuff then you don't have to do the 6 months on the way back... not sure what the regs are for Ireland...
Really? Thats expensive. And did you use an agent or do the paperwork yourself?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 11:03 pm
Timelord

Really? Thats expensive. And did you use an agent or do the paperwork yourself?
Did the paperwork ourselves... We shopped around a bit and that quote was the best we got... There's some here that took 2 or 3 decent sized dogs out and the cost for that is terrifying...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DrWho
Did the paperwork ourselves... We shopped around a bit and that quote was the best we got... There's some here that took 2 or 3 decent sized dogs out and the cost for that is terrifying...
Thank god for my Mum & Dad. They have said that they will adopt the dog. I really don't think I would have that money. How does anyone afford that? Especially with the cost of everything else. What we need is a low fares international dog carrier. C'mon Ryanair!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god for my Mum & Dad. They have said that they will adopt the dog. I really don't think I would have that money. How does anyone afford that? Especially with the cost of everything else. What we need is a low fares international dog carrier. C'mon Ryanair!
We paid all up, over $25,000 to ship our dogs, and quarantine and boarding.

Ste
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We paid all up, over $25,000 to ship our dogs, and quarantine and boarding.

Ste
Really? Ozzie dollars? Thats €14,000. How many dogs did you bring?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by d020775

or is it just easier to go through an agent?

Thanks

dave
£4900 for 4 Staffords quoted (not including bloods/quarantine etc) personally wanted to go through a company so it went through smoothly without problems, I hope
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:35 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Ozzie dollars? Thats €14,000. How many dogs did you bring?
4 Newfoundlands
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

I think the doggie will have to stay at home unfortunately. Lucky my parents are able to look after her. She is really gonna miss us tho'. She follows me around the house all day and whinges all night if I close my bedroom door at night. I am currently trying to get her to sleep downstairs to make the transition easier. My dad says just ignore her when she starts whining. It goes thru my brain tho'!!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:14 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

haha the whining at night - yeah just ignore her, it may take a week but it will stop. good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkMC
haha the whining at night - yeah just ignore her, it may take a week but it will stop. good luck.
Yay, she started whining at my door last night and I told her 'Into bed' and she just went. I can't believe it. She must have been real tired.....! Gonna keep it up (and make sure I bring her on real long walks in the evening time so she is too tired to stay up all night - Hee Hee)