Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking Dogs to Australia

Taking Dogs to Australia

Old Jul 29th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

brindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant futurebrindy has a brilliant future
Default Taking Dogs to Australia

Just started posting on this forum and discussing emmigrating in the future.
Having looked into the situation of taking dogs to NZ I understand that there are limited rental properties that will consider people with pets. There is no way I will be leaving them behind!!!
What is the situation for dogs in Australia? Are rental properties readily available. Any ideas of costs to ship 3 dogs over and any links would be great.
Thanks
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taking Dogs to Australia

Hi Brindy. There are rentals in australia that take pets, I would say about 30% of rentals in SA either take pets or are pets negotiable so it does limit you when searching for a rental. But we brought our dog when we came, she is a medium sized dog cost us about 2000 pound all in for flying her from glasgow to perth, all the blood tests etc, flying her from perth to adelaide and quarantine fees. We got the first rental we applied for and were very open about the fact that we had a dog and that she was an inside dog, so presumed the Landlord was OK with it but transpired that the PM just never mentioned it to the LL and there was no problems as she is a good dog. Hope this helps some.

Nikki