Taking the Dogs

Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of
Default Taking the Dogs

Hi peeps,
Happy new year
we need your valued help with taking our 2 dogs over to perth. Who to use, what the vet needs to do ect.
Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice
Default Re: Taking the Dogs

We found the best thing to do was to obtain quotes from shipping companies, who then provided leaflets with all the relevant information.

We are using Golden Arrow, who have been superb so far, tel no. is 01588 680240, don't be put off by the fact that they have no website, they are really good. We are dropping off our dog on Friday, he flys out to Sydney this Sunday.

Process is not too difficult, your vet can talk direct to shipper to ensure they know which blood tests are needed.

There are a limited number of quarantine places in Australia, and some have waiting lists, so I would look into things sooner rather than later, again shipper will advise. Dogs need to stay for 30 nights before you can collect them, you can visit though.

Best of luck

James
Old Dec 31st 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

And you are fortunate that AQIS have a quarantine centre in Perth.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We also used Golden Arrow and they were excellent. We had a few problems with our house sale being delayed, and looking like we were going to have to cancel our dog being shipped, and they managed to get our flight and quarantine put back a bit, at very short notice. They also kept us calm when ours failed her lepto test and had to have it redone.
They really were great.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
We also used Golden Arrow and they were excellent. We had a few problems with our house sale being delayed, and looking like we were going to have to cancel our dog being shipped, and they managed to get our flight and quarantine put back a bit, at very short notice. They also kept us calm when ours failed her lepto test and had to have it redone.
They really were great.
Our dog Hudson also failed his first lepto, and Golden Arrow were great in seeing us through the issue.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

We used Golden Arrow too, took our dog to their UK place its really lovely, clean, well kept, and they were fantastic, told us exactly what to do and when, it was soooo simple I was amazed. Eddy our border terrier spent the 30 days in quarantine in Sydney (who were also amazing) and has been living here since he came out in September, he is fine, none the worse for anything he has been through, he's just the same as when he lived in the UK, only we dont take him out so much in the heat for walks, but he doesn't mind this, he's always been a bit lazy. I would recommend Golden Arrow to anyone.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking to relocate back to Brisbane later this year and have heard some bad things about Sydney quarantine, so am a bit concerned about my two. When we lived in Perth the quarantine centre seemed ok.

Would appreciate anyones comments on this and also do the prices they quote for shipping them over include flights up to Brisbane Airport?

Thanks

Kath
Old Jan 1st 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info peeps, will give them a call tomorrow,
Tim
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
We are looking to relocate back to Brisbane later this year and have heard some bad things about Sydney quarantine, so am a bit concerned about my two. When we lived in Perth the quarantine centre seemed ok.

Would appreciate anyones comments on this and also do the prices they quote for shipping them over include flights up to Brisbane Airport?

Thanks

Kath
The prices we were quoted would not normally include the transfer to Brisbane airport. It is an optional extra. It is cheaper to drive down from Brisbane to pick your pet up and have a weekend with friends.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:33 pm
looking for an easy life!

IanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to allIanJakeCharlieDaddy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham

Thanks

Kath
we used Sydney quarantine and as a vet nurse they where fab, our dog has epilepsy and pancreatsis and had liver failure before we shipped her and they looked after so well. We live in brisbane and could not visit her and saw her after 30 days. We flew down and then picked her upand drove back. The problem we had was getting a hire van and van site that allowed dogs. we had a hide her alot.lol. Good luck
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Our dog was in Melbourne, and I was not really impressed with them at all.

Everytime we phoned up to ask how our dog was doing it would be a different person looking after her, and they all kept calling her a him (her name is Charlie).
I sent e-mails letting them know about some problems she had, I never got a responce and the e-mails were not passed on to the people looking after her. One of which said she gets hair stuck to her eyes which needs removing at least every day (we do it every time we see it). She ended up with an eye infection, which I have no doubt from the state of her eyes when we got her was because they had not removed the hair.
And every time we phoned they would say they were going to take her into the run for some exersise in the next couple of days, but it sounds like it only happened once, and she is an especially cute dog (as they kept telling us). God knows how much attention they give not so cute dogs.

They were pretty good food wise though, as she was not eating what they had given her (she is not food orientated, and it was 40c), so they tried her on all different ones.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

jaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nicejaca is just really nice

My dog is in quarantine in Sydney just now...we get her on the 22nd Jan & I used Leanne Baxter at jets4pets.....she was brilliant organised Everything . We are in Redcliffe just now & my friend was keeping Honey for me so Leanne contacted the vet & did all the paperwork for us & arranged for a driver to collect her from my friends home in Glasgow & deliver her to the airport in London...Honey's a big golden retriever & it cost me £ 2800 to get her from Glasgow to Sydney it's never cheap....The vet fees were £200 ....she failed her lepto test & Leanne moved her flight back a week for us .We're going to use dogtainers to bring her up here I think..just waiting for confirmation but the quote was $415...then the cost of quarantine...not cheap as I said but can't wait to see her although she'll probably have fallen out with me for doing this to her !!!
jacq

Last edited by jaca; Jan 2nd 2009 at 3:33 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

I rang Sydney quarantine several times and was glad to hear that our dog had a dedicated person so I was always talking to the same one. Again she got the sex of ours wrong every time but then they do look after a lot of animals there.

They only include one wash at the end of the 30 days and any more will be an additional charge.

Weighing up their charge to send our dog up to Brisbane airport it was far more economical to drive down and pick her up in our own car.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tintsexpert
Hi peeps,
Happy new year
we need your valued help with taking our 2 dogs over to perth. Who to use, what the vet needs to do ect.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Have you seen this website from AQIS. It is brilliant - a bit lengthy but details every step needed to export your pet:-

http://www.daffa.gov.au/__data/asset...on-package.pdf

I found it really really useful.

Regarding onward transportation, I used JetPets (Josh) and they were brilliant. I have also heard good things about Pet Carriers. Price was around $270 to Brisbane Airport. I picked him up from there as we don't live far.

Hope that helps a little.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaca
My dog is in quarantine in Sydney just now...we get her on the 22nd Jan & I used Leanne Baxter at jets4pets.....she was brilliant organised Everything . We are in Redcliffe just now & my friend was keeping Honey for me so Leanne contacted the vet & did all the paperwork for us & arranged for a driver to collect her from my friends home in Glasgow & deliver her to the airport in London...Honey's a big golden retriever & it cost me £ 2800 to get her from Glasgow to Sydney it's never cheap....The vet fees were £200 ....she failed her lepto test & Leanne moved her flight back a week for us .We're going to use dogtainers to bring her up here I think..just waiting for confirmation but the quote was $415...then the cost of quarantine...not cheap as I said but can't wait to see her although she'll probably have fallen out with me for doing this to her !!!
jacq
We used Leanne at Jet4Pets too - we found her great, really helpful and we had no probs at all. We picked our dog up today from Spotswood (Melbourne), I thought she'd have fallen out with me too and may have sulked for a while but she's been great today. Just to reassure anyone who's not sure whether to put their dog through it, she's come out looking really well and seems completely unfazed by it all. She's an 8yr old Border Collie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.