Taking dogs

Old Apr 1st 2006, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all
Question Taking dogs

Hi everyone have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks & decided to join,we are currently going through the visa process and trying to get organised whilst waiting for the outcome hoping to be in Brisbane by November which might be slightly optimistic!Having decide to take the dog & contacted a few shipping companies for quotes ive been shocked at the cost involved most were around £3000 i wondered if any one out there has done it themselves and found it cheaper i contacted BA this week for freight charges and the cost for the flight alone would be around £2000,dont want to leave my dog behind but husband not very impressed with the price
Old Apr 1st 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking dogs

we're going thru same process at the minute - Airpets were recommended to us but £2500 ish plus quarantine costs too.

We've decided to leave dogs at home (we've 3) and that would buy me a lot of new dogs in Oz .... plus we're very lucky and our parents will have 1 each and then we'll sell the working dog to someone else who will work him. Sad but realistic.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 4:44 pm
Taking first steps...

Meryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Taking dogs

People have told me and my husband to leave our two dogs behind. Noooooo way!!!!!! We have had them for nearly seven years since they were six weeks old. I know its expensive but for us we have no choice and we will have to budget for it. I got a quote for £1380 from Animal Airlines (not each either, between them) which I thought was very reasonable. They are only small dogs we have (cavalier king charles) but they can go in the same container. Doesn't include vets fees or quarantine costs. I cannot imagine going without them. Sad some people might say but for me the truth......
Old Apr 1st 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meryn & Steve
People have told me and my husband to leave our two dogs behind. Noooooo way!!!!!! We have had them for nearly seven years since they were six weeks old. I know its expensive but for us we have no choice and we will have to budget for it. I got a quote for £1380 from Animal Airlines (not each either, between them) which I thought was very reasonable. They are only small dogs we have (cavalier king charles) but they can go in the same container. Doesn't include vets fees or quarantine costs. I cannot imagine going without them. Sad some people might say but for me the truth......
we feel the same if our dog couldn't come we just wouldn't be going it's as simple as that
Old Apr 1st 2006, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all about individual choice and circumstances.

For some, the emigration process would be more difficult if they had the added trauma of leaving their pets behind.

We brought our dog with us and it cost more for the bleedin dog than it did for us ...but we knew we wouldn't have settled as easily had we left her behind. So it's all about personal choice. There's no right or wrong, it's whatever's best for you.

We used Airpets in UK and the quarantine kennels in Sydney and then Dogtainers from Sydney to Brisbane. I can't remember the exact costs now [almost 2 years ago] but I remember doing lots of research and these were the best in terms of cost/convenience and assurance.

We can highly recommend them all. They were marvelous and our dog arrived happy and safe and didn't seem at all concerned by it all

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 1:06 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mole
Hi everyone have been browsing this site for a couple of weeks & decided to join,we are currently going through the visa process and trying to get organised whilst waiting for the outcome hoping to be in Brisbane by November which might be slightly optimistic!Having decide to take the dog & contacted a few shipping companies for quotes ive been shocked at the cost involved most were around £3000 i wondered if any one out there has done it themselves and found it cheaper i contacted BA this week for freight charges and the cost for the flight alone would be around £2000,dont want to leave my dog behind but husband not very impressed with the price

yep that would be right.. ..we paid just over 3K for our labrador to get out here with quarantine costs etc and I must say he is worth every penny. We used Golden Arrow and they were fantastic every stage of the way. If my husband dare moaned about the price he would be the one staying in the UK I can tell ya!

I know it's expensive, but remember a dog is for life

Rachel
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

We brought our two Jack Russels over. They came out of quarantine last week. The quarantine people take very good care of them. Personally we couldn't have left them behind. I'm glad we brought them with as it also helps you mentally with the settling process. They have settled very well and are looking great. We used jets4pets but if I was in the situation again I would chose a different one.
HTH
Lesleym
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:44 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
It's all about individual choice and circumstances.

For some, the emigration process would be more difficult if they had the added trauma of leaving their pets behind.

We brought our dog with us and it cost more for the bleedin dog than it did for us ...but we knew we wouldn't have settled as easily had we left her behind. So it's all about personal choice. There's no right or wrong, it's whatever's best for you.

We used Airpets in UK and the quarantine kennels in Sydney and then Dogtainers from Sydney to Brisbane. I can't remember the exact costs now [almost 2 years ago] but I remember doing lots of research and these were the best in terms of cost/convenience and assurance.

We can highly recommend them all. They were marvelous and our dog arrived happy and safe and didn't seem at all concerned by it all

Good luck with whatever you decide.
We too used Airpets - cost was a little over £3k for our GSD and two cats. That was just shipping. Our quarantine ended up at around $1700 iirc, but the cats needed to see a vet during that time and had some dietary changes. We were completely satisfied - our pets came back to us (eventually) happy and healthy.

Sue
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies,think the car budget might have taken a bit of a nosedive! Hes sat here looking at me with his big brown eyes wish he was a Yorkshire terrier though would work out alot cheaper.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 6:06 pm
Taking first steps...

Meryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant futureMeryn & Steve has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LesleyM
We brought our two Jack Russels over. They came out of quarantine last week. The quarantine people take very good care of them. Personally we couldn't have left them behind. I'm glad we brought them with as it also helps you mentally with the settling process. They have settled very well and are looking great. We used jets4pets but if I was in the situation again I would chose a different one.
HTH
Lesleym
Why wouldn't you use Jets 4 Pets again? I have heard someone else say that. So who is the best (not nec cheapest)?
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 6:07 pm
Taking first steps...

Smile Re: Taking dogs

Its good to hear that people have got their pets at the other end all in one piece and quite happy. Strange that I can leave my parents, my sisters and my friends but not my dogs. Oh noooooooo!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:44 pm
Zeusy's Daddy

Anrai is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive just seen some of your quotes about taking dogs and im shocked to say the least. I got my visa granted two weeks ago and had always planned taking my rottweiller. My girlfriend who went ahead of me in January is insisting i bring him. I live in Northern Ireland so he has to go to England first so thats more expense. I just dont know what to do. I leave the last week in april and my family will ship the dog after i leave but......i am having second thoughts about it now even though i love him like a son.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:45 pm
Taking first steps...

Would you leave your son?