Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking a cat to Oz? Advice please.....

Taking a cat to Oz? Advice please.....

Old Mar 20th 2004, 7:37 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking a cat to Oz? Advice please.....

Hi,

I have had my moggy for 11 years now. I got him from a rescue centre and they were unsure of his exact age, they just said he was an adult cat!

So, bearing in mind he could be anywhere between 13 & ? would I be wise putting him through the trip to Perth?

He is very healthy and never had any problems. I have actually talked to somebody who will give him a very good home here but I really love this cat and would find it very hard letting go, but I want to do whats right for him.

So, any advice please ........
Old Mar 21st 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking a cat to Oz? Advice please.....

Hi,

We were in the same situation 2 1/2 years ago when we relocated to the Caribbean. Our cat was about the same age and had a similar background (very loyal, but extremely neurotic!). We decided to bring her because we knew she would pine without us, and the chances anyhow of getting a home for her were slim.

So 2 1/2 years on, and she is still going strong. The flight was only 8.5 hours, but she flew on the same plane as us, in the hold. We didn't sedate her, as it was not recommended unless completely necessary, and she took the whole thing in her stride, looking out of her box at Gatwick airport with undisguised curiousity!

So now she's 14 years old, and looking forward to emigrating to Oz.

Hope your move goes well.

Trax

Originally posted by TraceyW
Hi,

I have had my moggy for 11 years now. I got him from a rescue centre and they were unsure of his exact age, they just said he was an adult cat!

So, bearing in mind he could be anywhere between 13 & ? would I be wise putting him through the trip to Perth?

He is very healthy and never had any problems. I have actually talked to somebody who will give him a very good home here but I really love this cat and would find it very hard letting go, but I want to do whats right for him.

So, any advice please ........